Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

June ROTM Submission Thread

13K views 84 replies 26 participants last post by  elbaldwino 
#1 · (Edited)
Please still keep Matt in your thoughts and prayers while he fights cancer.

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be an R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

ROTM is sponsored by BullsEyeVinyl.com

Winner will recieve two R6-Forum.com ROTM decals showing the month and year that they won.

See less See more
#3 ·
Do you have any larger pictures please? I miss your bike. :(

#5 ·
:popcorn

#6 ·
Year: 2008
Model (R6, R6S): R6
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.): Full Graves Stainless Steel system, -1/+2 Driven Sprockets, RK 520 chain, SpeedoDRD
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.): Fren Tubo type 4 Carbotech brake lines, Ferodo XRACs, Renthal clip ons, Motovation frame sliders, Ballistic 4 cell battery, GPR V4 damper, Vortex quick turn gas cap, GP shift, Shermoto Racing levers
Accessories: Bitchin decals from NickG013

This bike was my very first bike back in 2009. I purchased this bike from my friend and later in the year I crashed in the streets and broke my arm (thus, my scar on my right forearm). I sold it back to my friend and then 2 years later, I purchased it back from my friend. So my first crash on the street and first crash on the track has been on this bike.

All in all, my bike is a whore.

#9 ·

One of my favorite bikes.

#8 ·
Damn it was hoping for no track whores this month lol. I'll still clean and post my street machine tomorrow.

sent from awesomeness

#14 ·
Oh, now you want to enter Sherman. :laugh Great bikes! 8 more spots open!

#16 ·
:( Think you just needed to be a member. Well thanks for showing off :laugh

#17 ·
Format:
Year:2009
Model R6
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):SpeedoDRD, -1 Driven front sprocket,BMC race air filter
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Vortex Rear sets (black)
DB shorty levers (black)
Woodcraft frame sliders
Woodcraft swingarm slider spools
GB Racing Case saver kit
Pit bull steering stabilizer (black)
Woodcraft 3 pcs clip-ons
Cox radiator guard
Motion Pro Revolver throttle kit
Fren Tubo type 3 brake lines (black with black fittings and banjo bolts) Renthal Road Race Grips
3 Speed Bleeder screws
Woodcraft shark guard (black)
Tires Dunlop GPA 211 Ntec
-120/70/17 front soft
-190/55/17 rear med

Accessories:Few decals, R6 Reservoir covers

IMAG0919 by aaronk277, on Flickr

IMAG0921 by aaronk277, on Flickr

IMG_1757 by aaronk277, on Flickr

IMG_1245 by aaronk277, on Flick

I originally saw this bike at the IMS in 2009, I only took 2 pictures that day. One of Rossi's bike and one of that beautiful R6 (black) with the gold rims and forks. Fast forward a 2 years and I sold my 03 and had been going to a dealer's looking at the same model bike from the show. It was a left over model from 09 that just wasn't selling. She looked so lonely there between the CBR and GSXR. So the day before Christmas I went in and offered a low ball amount in cash and after some back and forth I came home with this beauty. Though this evil little temptress my be the end of me as every year I've had her I end up getting hurt on the first good trackday of the season and she walks away virtually unharmed. First new bike I've ever owned and the first I've ever crashed. Though I keep taking all the damage :(

#22 ·
NICE:fact

#23 ·
Format:
Year:2007
Model R6
Engine Performance Mods: Bone Stock
Chassis/Controls Mods: Shermoto Levers!
Accessories: Bar end mirrors (15 hp), Shermoto Racing Decal (25 hp) R6 brake socks (15 hp) Blue Led Glow (-10 hp) Ebay flushies (15 hp), Ebay fender eliminator (15 hp), Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen (35 hp), Bazzaz sticker (15 hp) and Motodynamic Integrated Taillight (10 hp)
Here are her pictures:

(prior to bar ends)

(prior to bar ends)

Why she should win:

She is a street and track day type of gal. Bought her in '10 with about 1k miles on her, she now sits at 28k. She takes me to and from work on a daily basis. She is just as fun to ride on the track as she is on the street. To me, this bike represents everything good about Yamaha, day to day realiablity with weekend performance.

Vote for me :D

And good luck to all!

#29 ·
Year: 2006 + 2007
Model (R6, R6S): R6
Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.): Full Graves Stainless Steel system, -1/+2 Driven Sprockets, Black RK 520 chain, SpeedoDRD, PCIV, Fren Tubo type 4 Carbotech brake lines, Shermoto Racing Hoodie Ohlins Damper, Evotech Gas Cap, Black Levers, AGG + R6 Forum Decals, Power Coated GOLD Wheels (Match the forks), Motivation Frame Sliders, AGG Racing rear brake res delete, Pit Bull Rear Stand

#42 ·
:wtf wtf is happening here??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.