Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

August ROTM Submission Thread

14K views 96 replies 24 participants last post by  QR6 
#1 ·
I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be an R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

ROTM is sponsored by BullsEyeVinyl.com

Winner will recieve two R6-Forum.com ROTM decals showing the month and year that they won.

See less See more
#5 ·
Screw it..

Story: I bought this bike after my first track day when I realized how much more fun the track is than the street. I did 7 track days last summer on it (crashed twice, oh well) and then had all winter to throw money at it.

Year: 2006 R6 (non-S)
Engine Performance Mods:
2nd gen header (black ceramic coated) hooked up to stock exhaust can (powdercoated gloss black)
BMC race air filter
Bazzaz zFi
Bazzaz AFM
Exup Eliminator
520 chain and sprocket kit (-1/+1)

Chassis/Controls Mods:
Galespeed Type M magnesium rims in black
Braketech Axis ductile Iron rotors up front
Lightened stock rear rotor
Fren Tubo Carbotech Type 4 brake lines front and rear
Ohlins 25mm Cartridge kits in the forks.
Ohlins steering damper
Elka triple clicker rear shock
Pilot Pures,
Sharkskinz bodywork painted 50th anniversary livery
Cox radiator guard
Woodcraft case covers
Woodcraft frame sliders
Woodcraft swingarm spools
Woodcraft toe guard
Woodcraft Clipons
Woodcraft Rearsets (black)
Pazzo shorty levers
Vortex black gas cap
ETI Fuel Cell tank sliders painted black
Stomp grip pads
Speedo DRD

...and more stuff I probably forgot.

Accessories:
Ignition delete (everything from the killswitch)
Dirt and grass from my last get-off.

Pictures: *Note: These pictures are from the beginning of the season. The bike looks exactly the same except that the forks have an "O" sticker instead of a "GP" sticker, and the tires are now Power Pures instead of GPAs. Carry on.

Nekkid..

#7 ·
Year: 2009

Model: R1

Engine Performance Mods: BMC Air Filter, SpeedoDRD, Graves Block Off plates, PCV w/custom tune, MJS mid-pipe, Leo Vince exhaust, -1/+2 renthal sprockets w/DID chain

Chassis/Controls Mods: Aftermarket brake lines, levers and rearsets, SBK Kit for rear reservoir, Amour Bodies SBK Kit painted by Ant and Burg :YEA, Evotech fuel cap

Accessories: Renthal Soft Compound Grips, Graves Bar End and Swingarm Sliders, Motovation Frame and Clutch sliders, Woodcraft case savers

I bought this bike at the end of June 2011 after my 07 R1 was rear ended. I drove ~200 mile south of Tacoma, WA to pick her up. She came with a lot of mods but over the last year and 2 months I've owned her I have been adding mods to make her mine. A couple of months ago I decided to make her a full track whore and sold off all of the street items. I should be picked for ROTM because 1. I need to be the first R1 of the year to win it 2. There was tons and tons of hours spent on the paint job, staying up to the early hours of the morning sanding, priming, re sanding, painting and clearing and the work needs to be recognized! Do it! :YEA

#37 ·
:laugh I wouldn't do that

Really nice r1, but your pics do not do it any justice
:fact Thanks..and no...the pictures don't do it any justice. If only I had someone close with a good camera I could get better pictures

year- 2005

model- Aprilia Atlantic 500 AKA T.P.D 'The Panty Dropper'

Engine Performance Mods-Switched Oil to Amsoil :flex:

Chassis/Controls Mods- NONE it's prefect as is! :laugh

Accessories- Me riding the tits off it!

I got this on lock :pimp
:bowroll Bwahahahaha

Ur a dick... Why would I vote for you? :laugh
:laugh

Damn it Eric why could you not have waited until next month

#9 · (Edited)
Haven't done this so sure why not?

Year: 2009
Model: Triumph Street Triple R
Engine Performance Mods: Arrow 3-1 lowboy exhaust
Chassis/Controls Mods : NA
Accessories: Anodized bar end mirrors, renthal dual compound kevlar grips, GB Racing frame sliders/front axle slider/rear spools, Competition Werkes tidy tail. black vinyl, but I don't think I'm going to keep it.

I bought it about a year ago, sight unseen, from a dealer in South Carolina. Had it shipped to MA and have put about 4,000 on it since. It had a salvage title, but was completely restored so I had to go through all of the paperwork to get a rebuilt title. I lowsided it this may, but the frame sliders did their job saving the bike as you can see below:

#11 · (Edited)
this thread needs another R6

year- 2009

model- R6

Engine Performance Mods- gutted stock header, M4 mid pipe, Leo Vince Ti evo 2 slip on, removed snorkel from stock air filter
, AGG Racing smogg block off plates, Bazzaz Zfi w/AFM

Chassis/Controls Mods- Armor bodies race plastics, painted by my painter in house, woodcraft clip ons, renthal grips, woodcraft rear sets, ohlins ttx rear shock, ohlins steering damper, stahlbus oil drain valve, stahlbus speed bleeders, ferodo XRACs, Fren Tubo type 3s, Shermoto levers, Brembo RCS master cyl.

Accessories- AGG racing rear brake fluid res, ignition delete, puig windscreen

in action-

well my bike is apart for repair and re paint so this will just have to do for my last pic-

ill save myself room for one more pic this weekend once i finish the install of the rcs, and rear shock.

the story behind my bike-

i bought my first bike every last spring (same 09 orange r6) and it was stolen. i waited till the fall and picked up the current one, and looked to hit the track. i broke my foot and that killed my dreams of the track for last year. this season i was determined to go to the track. having little experience riding in general (about 2k miles under my belt) i went out and started to learn the ropes.

with much help and advice both on and off the track from a bunch of the guys like Chief, 3rd-geer, burg, WildBill, Carlos ect. ive been picking it up at a pretty quick pace. sadly i did low side my fresh paint but its just given me more to learn from and the bike some new street credit :lmao i look forward to hitting the track again soon and to keep working my way up the ranks and hopefully racing in the near future :YEA

i have to give a huge thanks to Chief aka Bauce Racing as due to his advice and guidance, this build has really come together so well. :cheers

#16 · (Edited)
year- 2005

model- Aprilia Atlantic 500 AKA T.P.D 'The Panty Dropper'

Engine Performance Mods-Switched Oil to Amsoil :flex:

Chassis/Controls Mods- NONE it's prefect as is! :laugh

Accessories- Me riding the tits off it!

I got this on lock :pimp

#17 ·
Damn, first day and already 5 spots gone! 5 more available! Thanks for entering everyone! Beautiful bikes/scooter.

#20 ·
:laugh I knew someone would appreciate the panty dropper!:laugh

#22 ·
Oh snap... It will be between yours, Eric's, and Lee's bike if you jump in this too... Glad I submitted last month! :fact

Good luck everyone!

:cheers

#35 · (Edited)
Year: 2002
Model): R6
Engine Performance Mods:
-Yoshimura Tri-Oval TRS exhaust
-Amsoil Synthetic? lol

Chassis/Controls Mods:
-Galfer SS Brake Lines
-Ferodo XRAC Brake Pads
-ATE Super Blue Brake fluid
-GPR V4 Steering Stabilizer
-Michelin Power Pure tires

Accessories:
-Zero Gravity Windscreen
-Double Bubble clear windscreen
-Fender eliminator
-LED Flush mount turn signals
-LED Rear brake/signal
-Carbon Fiber accent pieces (chain guard, pieces behind headlights)
-Frame Sliders
-YZF-R6 Grips

I bought the bike this March, and have put 4500 miles on it this summer AND 3 track days. I came from riding a Buell Blast, and the R6 always had been my dream bike.

You should vote for me because who doesn't love a first gen? Such a classic look, and I have the best color scheme :D

#41 · (Edited)
Year: 2006
Model (R6, R6S): R6
Engine Performance Mods:

PCV
Secondary Fuel Module
Quick Shifter
K&N Air and Oil Filter
Custom Map from John at Dyno Solutions
Full 2 Bros Exhaust

Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):

Performance Friction Pads
Motorex Fluid
Goodridge SS lines
Woodcraft Case Covers
Woodcraft Clip Ons
Woodcraft Frame Sliders
Woodcraft Rearsets w/ New Style Breakaway Pegs (GP Shift)
Woodcraft Swingarm Spools
Woodcraft Lever Guards w/ Long Bars
Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas SC2 Compound
Ohlins Linear Steering Damper
Armour Bodies Bodywork
Ohlins TTX Shock
Sweeney's Custom Cartridges
Graves Fork Kit (Extended Fork Caps, Spacers, Ohlins Springs, Etc.)
Slipper Clutch Mod
Euroturn Throttle
434 Racer Levers

Accessories:

Renthal Dirt Bike Grips
Cox Radiator Guard
DID EXRV3 Chain
Fuel Cel Tank Guards
Keyless Ignition
Justin Landry's Custom Exhaust Slider
Qstarz LT Q-6000 GPS Lap Timer
Go Pro HD w/ Ram Mounts
Brake Reservoir Socks (From Slowboy)
SSR Race Gas Cap
Other Race Prep (Rad Fans Removed, Exhaust Sniffer Removed, Bolts Drilled, Etc.

Built it all myself thanks to the posts here. Mods to be done soon are a flashed ECU and .95 springs in both forks (Right now running a .90 in one and a .95 in the other).

#48 ·
Sooooo glad I submitted last month! :fact

This month is going to be some tough competition!

Good luck to everyone!

:cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.