Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

September ROTM Submission Thread

12K views 64 replies 22 participants last post by  TheJokester3 
#1 ·
I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be an R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

ROTM is sponsored by BullsEyeVinyl.com

Winner will recieve two R6-Forum.com ROTM decals showing the month and year that they won.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thread/:eek5

#7 · (Edited)
Year: 2008
Model: R6S
Engine: Hr1 Riot slip on, BMC air filter
Chassis/Controls Mods: Driven D3 grips, Pazzo Shorty levers
Accessories: * Sportech Chrome Windscreen * Chrome Reservoir covers * MotoGP Reservoir Sock * Color Matched top triple tree w/custom decal * Tank Pad * Custom LED integrated turn signals * TAG metals fender eliminator kit w/custom lighting * Clegg's Innovations Angel Eyes * Joe Florida LED underglow kit * Euro turn signal mod * Hotbodies Flush Mount Turn Singals * Black rear shock spring * Carbon Fiber Ram Air Covers *

I had a KLR 650 before this bike. I woke up one morning, and decided it was time for a new bike. I wanted an R6. After transferring some funds to pay off the KLR, I took a trip around to several dealerships. The Yamaha dealership didn't have an R6, but they said they could order me one. Ugh. Off to the Honda/Kawasaki dealership to see what they had. Nothing. Ugh. On my way home feeling dejected when I decided to swing into the last motorcycle dealership in town, the Harley dealership. Lo and behold I found this bike sitting on the lot. After some serious haggling I picked it up for a good price.

Then came the mods. First was the exhaust, then the fender eliminator. Flush mount turn signals and an integrated tail light. Every little mod on this bike is there to clean up the looks. I wanted a bike that at first glance looked stock, but was anything but. I would have it painted, but am still debating on what I want. Every small detail on this bike has been looked at, even down to the spring on the rear shock (stock they are red). The R6 has some of the cleanest lines around, even the 2nd gens. That's what makes the R6 such a sexy bike, and the GSXRs a cyclops hippo.....:sing The attention to detail is why my bike should be bike of the month. :YEA

#10 · (Edited)
2008 R6 Rs

Mods:
R6 Radiator Cover
Puig Double Bubble Screen
Pazzo Levers
HI5 White Headlight Bulbs
Seat Cowl
R&G Tail Tidy
Custom Painted Hugger with Yamaha Logo
Re-painted rims
Custom Decals
Carbon Fibre Yoke Protector
Led Mini Rear Indicators (relay fitted)
Flush Mount clear front indicators
Completely re-sprayed to remove all stone chips in original yamaha colours
Just ordered a GIpro-X Series gear indicators

Engine and exhaust completely standard.

I bought this bike back in 2011 from a local Yamaha dealer. It was in pretty rotten shape with a huge amount of stone chips to the fairings, wheels and screen. I had the bike completely re finished and fitted new headlights as even these were chipped to hell. I had a 2002 R6 before this which was in mint condition and bought this as I loved the new shape and the massive amount of engine improvements made from the older model. I love the Yamaha engineering so wont change the exhaust or do any engine mods. It's more than fast enough for me !

Attachments

#32 ·
2008 R6 Rs

Mods:
R6 Radiator Cover
Puig Double Bubble Screen
Pazzo Levers
HI5 White Headlight Bulbs
Seat Cowl
R&G Tail Tidy
Custom Painted Hugger with Yamaha Logo
Custom Decals
Carbon Fibre Yoke Protector
Led Mini Rear Indicators (relay fitted)
Flush Mount clear front indicators
Completely re-sprayed to remove all stone chips in original yamaha colours
Just ordered a GIpro-X Series gear indicators

Engine and exhaust completely standard.

I bought this bike back in 2011 from a local Yamaha dealer. It was in pretty rotten shape with a huge amount of stone chips to the fairings, wheels and screen. I had the bike completely re finished and fitted new headlights as even these were chipped to hell. I had a 2002 R6 before this which was in mint condition and bought this as I loved the new shape and the massive amount of engine improvements made from the older model. I love the Yamaha engineering so wont change the exhaust or do any engine mods. It's more than fast enough for me !
this one is super clean nice 1.

#11 ·
i will enter after the new paint job :secret

#16 ·
subbing to remember to enter

#19 ·
While I love my R6, I don't have any amazing parts or paint on it to get any votes for 'Ride of the Month' so...

Ducati 748S
100% Stock (5,230 miles)

This is my all-time favorite Ducati. 2002 was the last year for the 748, during the final year 250 of the “S” models were produced in Titanium Gray with red Marchesini wheels and included Termignoni exhaust. It is considered very rare as only 200 were imported into North America. It had been parked for the last 4 years without any use. A certified Ducati shop looked it over and gave it the thumbs up, so I drove 13 hours round trip to pick it up just last week. It had some corrosion typical to east coast vehicles and a few very minor issues. I had to correct a fogged headlamp assembly and remove corrosion from a few parts, but at 10 years old it was a non-issue. I often wish the body work of all motorcycles could be removed/assembled as quickly and easily as this one. While power and torque numbers look miserable, I don’t think many other bikes come close to matching this one’s character. At the end of the day this bike right here will put the biggest smile on my face!

#26 · (Edited)
I am dedicating this and all future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

eidt: decals are off on the left side as well now, will try to post updated pics later.

Year: 2008

Model: R6

Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):

MJS headers
Leo Vince unlimited slip-on
BMC Filter (Bauce Racing)
Agg Racing smog block-off plates
Bazzaz Z-Fi
Woodcraft Case covers

Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):

Carrozzeria forged aluminum wheels
Fren Tubo Carbotech Type 4 brake lines
Alth Full floating front rotors
Lightened stock rear rotor
Ferodo XRac sintered break pads
GPR V4 steering damper
Renthal Clip-ons
Shermoto Racing levers
Vortex adjustable rearsets
Driven blue rear 525 47 teeth sprocket
Tech Spec snake skin traction pads

Accessories:

2010 Yamaha Blue fairings
Woodcraft frame sliders
Accumen gear indicator
Bridgestone S20 120/180 tires
FIAT Yamaha tank cover
Hotbodies flushmounts
Clear Alternative integrated tail light
Fleabay fender eliminator
GP Shift all the time
IRC tire warmers (cow pattern)
T-Rex racing front and rear stands
Zero gravity dark smoke windscreen with blue screws

Coming soon: Ohlins 30mm NIX cartridge kit and Ohlins TTX MKII rear shock

Pictures (please limit to 4):

Street trim:

Track trim:

Used a lighter for this effect:

For moar pics, check out my sig with link to the build pics.

This is my 4th R6. Started with a 05, flipped it for a profit. Bought a 07 charcoal gray, got stolen in TX. Bought a 08 raven (won the May 2010 ROTM), got stolen in MA in 2011. Bought this current 08 LE in March 2011. Its gone through a lot of transformations. It started out as a08 LE yellow/black with flames. First I added gold accents bits and wheels. Never liked the flames, so took that off. Always loved Yamaha blue, so when I got a deal on a 2010 fairings and tank set, I jumped on it.

Now most of the gold has gone. Its turning into black accent bits. The rearsets will soon be black also (possibly Bohemian racing ones as they are local). I think I should win ROTM coz I'm just like everyone else who's on here......love my bike. I sure think its different than any other and also very tastefully done. Just like everyone else, the modding is never complete. Getting Ohlins suspension swag soon to make it a track beast.

:cheers and good luck to everyone :YEA

#31 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.