Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

October ROTM Submission Thread

9K views 58 replies 20 participants last post by  TheJokester3 
#1 ·
I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be an R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

ROTM is sponsored by BullsEyeVinyl.com

Winner will recieve two R6-Forum.com ROTM decals showing the month and year that they won.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Year:2009
Model (R6, R6S):R6

Engine Performance Mods:
Bazzaz Z-FI Z-AFM
M4 y-pipe
AGG racing smog block off plates
K&N Air Filter

Chassis/Controls Mods:
Scotts steering damper
Shermoto Levers
Galfer Brake lines
Powder Coated rear sets
Powder coated wheels with red rim tape
GP shift

Accessories:
Paint by me 08 Euro paint scheme :fact
Proton flush mount turn signals
led flasher relay to correct flash time
Decals from moto-sticker.com
Stomp Grips
Poder coated pass pegs with in-tergrated turn signals
Fender eliminator
Carbon fiber decal accents in ram air and dash panels
HT Moto seat covers
Carbon Fiber yamaha logos on tank and tail
R6 reservoir covers
Frame plugs
Puig dark smoke windscreen
Skur carbon fiber gas cap accent
Skur carbon fiber rear set accent
Skur carbon fiber instrument panel accent
GYTR solo seat cowl

I bought this 09 as "dead Stock" brand new in 2011. Was not long after that I decided I needed to make it my own. it started life a pearl white/silver edition.I painted all the silver pieces in Milano red. Nine months after getting her I pulled a rookie move and slide her into a guard rail. Damage was minor and no frame damage was found. I ordered a set of Nice cycle fairings to replace all the damaged fairings. After about 6 months with a white with black flame paint scheme I painted this bike the way it is today. Every detail and modification was done by myself. Except for the pass peg turn signals thanks Ram and the powder coating. I am a firm believer that if you want it done right you do it yourself. I have lots of hours into and thousands of miles and she is my second wife as the wife puts it. Good luck to all entries this month.

#5 ·
I don't know if it is just me Marine_R6, but I only see 1 picture. Thanks for entering!

#18 ·
Year: 2012
Model: R6 MotoGP 50th Anniversary Edition #829

Engine Performance Mods:
Heads ported and polished
Termignoni Full System exhaust
K&N Air Filter
Dyno Jet Power commander V with custom map

Chassis/Controls Mods:
work in progress

Accessories:
Gorilla alarm system
Fender eliminator
Carbon fiber decal accents in ram air and dash panels
Carbon Fiber yamaha logo tank pad on tank
R6 reservoir covers
Puig dark smoke race windscreen

#27 · (Edited)
Year: 2007

Make: R6

Engine Performance Mods: K&N Air Filter, shortened stock slip-on, EngineIce - Update 10/16/12 Ordered MJS weld on mid-pipe and sent my ECU to get flashed by Bauce Racing

Chassis/Controls Mods: Replaced my custom gold stock wheels with Black Marchesini Wheels last week, Michelin Power Pures, ASV gold levers, upgraded front brake lines, RK 520 chain / Vortex Sprocket -1/+2,

Accessories: Driven Gel Grips, homemade fender eliminator, shaved factory mirrors, bar-end mirrors, HID’s, BullsEye Vinyl, Lamin-X over headlights, frame sliders, custom paint, rear seat cowl, painted factory fuel cap black, blacked-out factory rear-sets, Smoked front flush mount indicators, Smoked rear integrated taillight, Smoked windscreen, Tank protector, carbon fiber triple-tree yoke cover, Stomp Grip

Why should I be named ROTM? I entered August ROTM and didn't do too well. Track bikes seem to get all the love. :sing Well I made a few changes and I'm back! I purchased this 2007 R6 Charcoal (6700mi) April 2, 2012. I’ve never worked on a bike before and I did "ALL" of the work on this bike myself and that is why I'm proud to enter it into ROTM. I am also proud of the fact that I transformed this bike with low cost parts (minus the wheels) and still ended up with clean looking bike IMO! Time for a street bike to take this month! Thanks for looking.

:YEA

#29 ·
q bike with no chain...what good does that do?
It's an invisalign chain. You haven't seen those?

Didn't have the rivet tool to install the chain when I took those first 3 pics. Installed new chain tonight (last picture).

#34 ·
#39 ·
Thanks for entering A.King. and CUR6!! 5 more submissions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.