Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

October ROTM Submission Thread

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  TheJokester3 
#1 ·
I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be an R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

See less See more
#2 ·
Year: 2001
Model: R6
Engine Performance Mods: Micron Slip, 05 R6 Tranny
Chassis/Controls Mods: Stock
Accessories: Stock
Back Story:
One of my Best friends bought the R6 after the original owner dropped it.
He rode it for about 2 years before it started to break down on him.
After a year of trying to get it to run to ride in sunny CA, he gave up on it.
He ended up giving it to me, saying "If you can start it, you can have it."
The rest is is History.
I think I should win because I rescued an R6 from the scrapper and turned it into something I am proud of.
Build Thread Here: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/65-new-member-section/367554-new-member-here-2001-r6-camelia.html
Pictures (please limit to 4):
Bikes Original color

My Buddy colored it green

After I got her running and did the tranny swap

#3 · (Edited)
Year: 2008
Model (R6, R6S): R6
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.): Block-off plates, BAUCE ECU flash,
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.): HyperPro REVERESED steering damper in the mail, EBC front brake pads otherwise stock
Accessories: HID headlights, TST tail light, TST fender eliminator, flush mount blinkers, blue FP levers, carbon fiber solo seat/tank pad/triple tree cover. Powder coated gold wheels, decal delete, and rear peg plugs, Saddlemen CF seat, matching blue fairing bolts, replaced a couple faded fairing on the dash and painted the rear tire fender black because it was faded. Got rid of the hard Metzler tires and put on a set of Q3s along with a 520 Driven setup -1, +1.
Back Story:

I previously owned a K7 GSXR600. It was my first bike and although I did love it, I love the R6 much more...and have since I first wanted a sport bike.

To make a long story shortish, I highsided my GSXR at the track a couple of months ago. I immediately sold it the next day and began looking all over the country for a 2008 Yamaha Blue R6. I ultimately found her in Norman, OK. Called the guy up, who was the original owner, drove up and bought it the following weekend and was set to start the tear down. She had 8800 miles on it when I bought it. Had never been ridden hard and had been in storage for the last 2 years!

There was dirt, dust and bugs in every crevasse of the bike. I disassembled the entire bike to clean every inch I could get to. Changed the oil, coolant and spark plugs. I honestly have 8-10 hours at minimum in just removing the decals! The glue seemed permanently stuck to the fairings and 1/8" by 1/8" I used a hair dryer and Popsicle sticks to remove every decal...I almost got fed up and bought new fairings to be honest...I always wanted a blue R6 with gold wheels so they had to go to powder...

After almost 2 months of cleaning, ordering parts, and putting her back together, she's up to my standards.

Before:

After:

#4 ·
Thank you both for entering! Beautiful machines! 8 spots open still!

#5 · (Edited)
Model: 2015 YZF-R6R
Engine Performance Mods:

-OEM Airfilter with cone removed
-MJS Stainless Header (full delete)
-Leo Vince Slip-On
-ECU Flash (Bauce Racing)
-Graves Block-Offs
-PC5
-2WheelDynoWorks full tune

Chassis/Controls Mods:

Braking:
-Brembo 19x18 MC (with Brembo short lever)
-Galfer GP front braided lines (They do help with routing and room, but create their own pain installing)
-EBC Sintered Brake Pads

Controls:
-Renthal Medium Grips
-Short Adjustable Clutch Lever
-Pitbull Steering Damper
-Woodcraft Rearsets (GP)
-Stompgrips

Accessories:
-Double Bubble Windscreen
-Solo Cowl
-Silver rear fender
-Clear Technologies integrated taillight
-Clear flush mount signals
-TST Industries FE
-TST Industries Flasher Relay

Protection:
-Cox Radiator Guard
-GB Racing Stator Slider
-GB Racing Timing Cover Slider (TESTED!)
-EDR Swingarm Sliders/Lift Spools

Suspension:

-EDR did the baseline, but now waiting to respring the rear, then front for next season.
-Set of Q3's sitting the garage. I'mma swap them on for the first trackday.

The Story:

Coming off an '04 600rr, I picked up a '14 R6. It was love at first sight. Unfortunately, it was a short affair. She and I had a major argument over a corner earlier this year. I leaned, she leaned, and then Holy shit!....so there I was....sliding on the ground, looking at my bike....looking back at me. She was pissed, so pissed in fact, she hit a tree and committed suicide. :crying: I ran to her, but seeing the forks, the outlook was not good.

I had it towed to the local race shop, they said she was a goner. The triple was cracked and insurance wouldn't rebuild.

THEN!

The insurance adjuster was like....so bro' here is your settlement. You have some serious equity. Let us know what you get!

I started searching for the right "one", after several weeks of being without two-wheeled companionship, I saw it. There were two, identical, but this one said "TAKE ME HOME!"....The other didn't say anything, it was like a big ass piece of cardboard. A few hours later, she was mine. I was almost sad to have lost the first, but glad to have the opportunity to begin building again. I don't know if I necessarily deserve to win anything, I'm just glad to be back on two wheels...uninjured...and tooling on a bike again, so in that regard I guess I already am winning.

The best part: only 33 more payments....and she is all mine. :grin:

#7 ·
The Story:

Coming off an '04 600rr, I picked up a '14 R6. It was love at first sight. Unfortunately, it was a short affair. She and I had a major argument over a corner earlier this year. I leaned, she leaned, and then Holy shit!....so there I was....sliding on the ground, looking at my bike....looking back at me. She was pissed, so pissed in fact, she hit a tree and committed suicide. :crying: I ran to her, but seeing the forks, the outlook was not good.

I had it towed to the local race shop, they said she was a goner. The triple was cracked and insurance wouldn't rebuild.

THEN!

The insurance adjuster was like....so bro' here is your settlement. You have some serious equity. Let us know what you get!

I started searching for the right "one", after several weeks of being without two-wheeled companionship, I saw it. There were two, identical, but this one said "TAKE ME HOME!"....The other didn't say anything, it was like a big ass piece of cardboard. A few hours later, she was mine. I was almost sad to have lost the first, but glad to have the opportunity to begin building again. I don't know if I necessarily deserve to win anything, I'm just glad to be back on two wheels...uninjured...and tooling on a bike again, so in that regard I guess I already am winning.

The best part: only 33 more payments....and she is all mine. :grin:
Cool story, Bro. Glad to see that you recovered from your heartbreak and got back in the saddle. And that you were able to walk away from the argument with nothing but a broken heart ;-)

#6 ·
Thanks for entering Seagreen! Awesome photos! 7 more spots!

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.