Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

December ROTM Submission Thread

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  TheJokester3 
#1 ·
I am dedicating the future ROTM threads to Matt. Look after us. :cheers

Rules:
You cannot submit a bike 2 months in a row or if you've won within the past year. Voting starts on the 20th or after 10 entries, whichever comes first and ends on the last day of the month. The bike must be your own, but it doesn't need to be just an r6.
Please take a look at past ROTM contest for ideas on how to enter your bike. Bike does not have to be an R6, you just have to be a member of the forum.

Format:
Year:
Model (R6, R6S):
Engine Performance Mods (i.e. exhaust, PC3, etc.):
Chassis/Controls Mods (i.e. suspension, brakes, clip-ons, etc.):
Accessories:
Pictures (please limit to 4):

Also, tell us why your bike should be named the Ride of the Month. Give us the whole story behind it! How did you get it? Where? Include anything that will set your bike apart from the rest...

Good luck to all, lets make this another good one.

See less See more
#2 ·
Year: 2006
Model: R6
Engine Performance Mods:
Bazzaz Auto Tuner
Full Yoshimura Exhaust
Graves Velocity Stacks
Chassis/Control Mods:
Ohlins TTx Rear Shock
Ohlins 25mm Fork Cartridges
Ohlins Steering Stabilizer
Vortex Clip ons
Voretex Rear Sets
Vortex Front and Rear Sprocket
DID Chain
Brembo 19RCS Master Cylinder
Motion Pro Throttle
Dunlop N-Tec Slicks
Suspension setup by Steve Breckenridge of Fluidology

Accessories:
Driven Gas Cap
Fast Frank's quick change axles
XT Racing Lap timer
Armour Bodies Bodywork
Andrew Swenson Designs paint job

I have always been a Yamaha guy. In fall of 2006 I bought a brand new R1. I rode that until 2012 when I decided to go track only. I traded it for a 2005 Honda CBR 600RR that was a perfect trackbike. Well about 3 days later I came across the R6 from a friend that we had ridden on the track with so I convinced my wife I needed the R6 so we could have matching bikes and drove from Indiana to Kentucky after work and picked up my new trackbike. It already had race fairings and yosh exhaust on it when I got it but I don't know how to leave anything alone. So after the last trackday of the 2012 season which was also the first time I rode the R6 I left it with Chuck Giachetto of Performance Cycleworx and he put the Ohlins TTx on, the 25 mm cartridges and went through the bike to make sure everything was solid. I love the R6 from the moment I got on track. I was faster, smoother and more confident. Although the paint job was a quality one it wasn't mine so I rattled canned it an then had Andrew Swenson come up with the one of the sickest paint jobs I have ever seen. It's a combo of flat paint and hydro dipping. All the white is hydro dipped with kyrptek camo. You'll never seen another paint job like it. I love this bike and don't plan on getting anything new until this one dies.

It went from this....

To this...

To what it looks like now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.