Poll

Votes: 7 58.3%

Votes: 5 41.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Previous RotM Submissions

64K views 795 replies 306 participants last post by  snowbizx 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please refer to the contest rules if you want to submit your bike for "Ride of the Month" :D

thanks,
snowbizx

Year: 2007
Model: R6S
Eng size: 600
Pipes: stock + termi slip on
Seat: stock
Wheels: stock
Accessories: Greggs Fender Eliminator, Puig DB Dark Smoke Windscreen, Flushmount blinkies, Termi Slip On, GoldenEye 8000k dual HID

And the story:

This is my first bike. On Friday I passed the permit, saturday I went to the dealership and bought the bike, loaded it in the back of the truck and took it out on sunday to my office parking lot and taught myself how to ride. Before that sunday, I had never ridden before and after 1000 miles (and a MSF course) the bike and owner are still scratch free.

:D

Pictures:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
06' Stealth Raven R6

Year: 2006
Model: YZF R6 - Raven Edition
Eng size: 599cc
Pipes: Yoshimura TRC Carbon Full Exhaust
Seat: Stock seat
Wheels: Stock wheels
Accessories: Full Yoshi TRC Carbon Exhaust, BMC Street Filter, Shogun Sliders, Repainted Pearl Black Paint, Black Windscreen, Blacked Out Auxiliary Light, McCoy Smoke Flushmounts Greggs Bar Ends, Harris Racing Grips, GYTR Seat Cowl, Targa Eliminator Kit, R&G Spools Pazzo Shorty Levers, Woodcraft Rearsets, Pig Spotters 2, 25% Tinted Headlights, GPR V4 Damper, Pearl Black Passenger Pegs, Driven 520 Kit (-1 front, stock rear), PC3 USB, Stompgrip, Custom Decals

And the story: I got the bike on Memorial Day of 2007, with no intention of purchasing a Yamaha (I had a thing for Gixxers) because they were too pricey for my budget. Low and behold, a 17 yr old kids parents were punishing him for getting 3 tickets on this bike and loosing his license. They sold it for wayyy under book value! I paid $5400 for it with 3k miles and his parents wanted the kids loss to be a lesson learned (I certainly didn't mind).

The bike has become my money pit. I've put over 7k miles on it in 6 months, it's my pride and joy. Hope I can get her on the bike of the month list!

#7 ·
Re: 06' Stealth Raven R6

Reading through your post, I thought you wanted to sell your bike. How do you like the -1 sprocket conversion??
I love it! I didn't want to do -1/+2 because I do a lot of freeway riding. -1 still adds a mean punch and I certainly noticed a substantial boost to low and mid range power. I'd recommend it if your thinking about a conversion.

#8 · (Edited)
Pharoh's 2000 R6 (back from the dead)

Year: 2000
Model: R6
Eng size: 600cc
Pipes: Yoshimura TRS stainless
Seat: stock
Wheels: stock
Bought: June, 2007
Accessories: -1/+2 using Vortex sprockets and a gold D.I.D x-ring chain - Vortex sliders (cut in) - Pazzo short levers - Ariete grips (R6 emblem) - Puig db (smoked) - Hyperpro ASC damper - Dynajet stage 1 kit - Mototek undertail - Michelin Pilot Powers - Galfer stainless steel brake lines - custom painted Anaconda rear stand

And the story: Got my license nearly a full year before I got this bike. I was using an ex g.fs bike to stay in practice but coulnd't afford one of my own as my credit was still in recovery mode. Saved up the money I needed in about 2 months and bought this bike (stock) from a guy off craigslist (June, 2007). It's been across country twice with it's previous owner. I did all the heavy maintenance on it like timing chain, tensioner and valve adjustments....then went haywire with all the mods listed above and the result is what I think is one of the sexiest 1st gen R6's you'll find anywhere.

This bike has 48k km's on it. I'd say she looks pretty good for a 7 year old bike with that kind of mileage lol. Only been downed once :)

First pic (with my username captioned) is the BEFORE...not long after I got it. It had a pipe on it that I'm not even sure was meant for it and it sounded awful. There was some make-shift damper on it that was installed wrong and didn't really work that well. The tires were rock hard from sitting too long as well...

Pic w/rear stand is the most recent.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Joe's Replacement for a Stolen Sony PSP...

Year

Model
R6

Engine Size

Pipes
Yoshimura TRC Carbon

Seat
Where my ass goes

Wheels
...on the bike go 'round and 'round

Accessories
(All carbon fiber is real...minus the Deal's Gap dragon sticker...)
- CF Rear Hugger (Custom)
- CF Ram Air Covers (Custom)
- CF Front Fender (GYT-R)
- CF Frame Sliders (LP)
- CF Tank Pad (GYT-R) (hey, it cost money...it counts as an 'accessory' lol)
- CF Yoshimura TRC Slip-on (as mentioned above)
- CF Bar Ends (LP)
- CF Undertail (Custom)
- CF Front Fork Covers (Light Speed)
- CF Triple Tree Cover (Custom)
- CF Exhaust Hanger (GYT-R) (sometimes installed, sometimes not)
- CF Front Brake Resivour Cover (Custom) (silly...I know...but it's more CF to love!)
- CNC Aluminum Clutch Cover (Graves)
- Rainbow Bright Wrist Band (lol)
- LED Flush Mount Signals (eBay special)
- LED Rear Turn Signal/Aux. Brake Lights (LP)
- Tank Camera Mount (Custom)
- Pazzo Shorties
- Ohlins Damper
- Rear Seat Cowl (hey, that thing was $130! It counts as an 'accessory'!)
- Currently wearing Michelin Pilot Powers

The Story
I was on a business trip to the BMW Assembly Plant in Spartanburg, SC. I had to spend a few days there so I stayed in a hotel and decided to bring my Sony PSP with me for some evening entertainment. This was my second PSP. The first one was broken about 6 hours after I bought it. A buddy dropped it out the window of a truck. Anyway, so, on the last day I get up in the morning, pack everything in the car, and head to the plant for business. I got there early, about 7:00a and the whole parking lot was empty. The front of the visitor's entrance to the plant is this huge glass window with a giant lobby inside with a small to medium sized reception desk right in the middle, facing the front. I parked directly in front of this desk. The old lady sitting there had a completely unobstructed view of my car. So...I didn't bother locking it. Went to work, came back to the car, found out my PSP was no longer sitting in the back seat. It was in a bag with about $600 in accessories and games and movies. I...was...pissed. On the drive home I told my girlfriend that the only thing that'd make me happy was just to go out and buy a motorcycle! I said, "I don't give a damn how much it costs or what the interest rate is or anything! I'm buyin' a damn bike TONIGHT!" So I went shopping and couldn't find anything that fancied me, honestly. That night I hopped on the 'net and did some shopping...of all the bikes I looked at, over and over again, there was one picture of a bike I printed out. It was a 2005, blue, Yamaha R6 stock photo. I couldn't help but compare that to everything else I looked at and couldn't really reach an idea of what I wanted...except for that bike. The next day, back at my plant, I went to a local bike shop during lunch and just figured I'd see what they had...I walked in the door, and right in the very front, about 5 feet from me...was a 2005 blue Yamaha R6 in perfectly immaculate condition! I walked up to the sales lady and said, "I wanna buy that bike." She said, "Are you sure? You even gonna sit on it?" "Sure, I guess...but I'm gonna buy that bike, I'm telling you now."

I sat down, signed the paperwork, got approved for the loan, yada yada yada...that evening they trailored it to my palce and I screwed around with it all night long...I didn't even know where the shifter or brakes or anything was...I just knew how the throttle worked!

That was May 25th, 2006. Here I am nearly two years later and almost 20,000miles later and consider myself a fairly competent rider that's done a lot of research and met a lot of wonderful people (including you guys)...and even had one fairly nasty crash of my own.

That's my story. Thanks for reading. :toocool:

#18 ·
Re: Joe's Replacement for a Stolen Sony PSP...

I was up in Inman, SC a few weeks ago...that's in the same area right? I was visiting Mack Molding...they're gonna be molding some EZ-Go golf car bodies and we're painting them...I had to make sure they're molding them dimensionally correct so I wasn't exactly welcome there...lol

#19 ·

Hey thanks for the props Stephen and Max...Pics are up! Probably nothing much new, just whatever I currently have it my photobucket, but it's nice to have 'em all in one place.

Max...I'll steal your PSP anytime man...I've been missin' one ever since! I just told mysef "ain't no way in hell I'm buyin' a third PSP..."

:D

#33 ·
Re: Pharoh's 2000 R6 (back from the dead)

Looks good!!! I say screw them FI bikes, carbs FTW !!!! :)
Y'know...I've also heard that, since carbs operate off of the force of gravity, no matter where on the planet you are (altitude-wise) you'll still be serving fuel to the engine. And with FI the lower air pressure can affect the efficiency of the injectors...leading to stalling engines!

Lemme know if I'm wrong... :dunce:

#29 ·
Re: Pharoh's 2000 R6 (back from the dead)

Gotta Love carbs! FI is great and all but really if you think about it the R6 and R1's are really the last good carbed superbikes. Older GSXR's, CBR's F3, F4's all ran good but the R6 really could mop the older bikes up.

#34 ·

That's a clean 05' Joe! The Yoshi pipe puts that Graves pipe to shame. Your story reminded me of myself, I went to fill up a gas can for the mower, came back with the gas can and a new truck :sing
:lmao

And thanks speedfreak and Mr. DaddyPhat!

We came down there a couple times this past year. 181??? a store at the top where everyone hangs out, name Dales maybe?
I dunno...I'm not too familiar with the area...ususally just go ride with a group of friends and they all know where they're going! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.