Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Stahlbus or magnetic drain plug

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  SpikeR6 
#1 ·
I recently installed a magnetic drain plug after doing my first oil change. Do these things really work, or are they more of a gimmick? I was also thinking about installing a Stahlbus drain valve next time, since I plan on doing a couple oil changes prior to my 600 mile service. I know removing the stock plug isn't a big deal, but I like the fact the Stahlbus is a one time install, and won't have to worry about the possibility of stripping the oil pan threads, even though I don't go near the 31 ft/lb spec. Anyone using the Stahlbus, whats your thoughts on it? How well does it work? How do you experienced any leaks with it? I'm just trying to decide whether to stay with the magnetic plug or replace it with the Stahlbus. I appreciate any advice you can give me.

#5 ·
I'm thinking I'll use the magnetic plug during the break in period, just to help with catching any metal bits in the oil. Then switch over to the Stahlbus later. That is unless I notice the magnetic plug not catching anything, at which point I'll change over to the Stahlbus immediately.

#8 ·
Just get the Stahlbuse and be happy, like mentioned above ..... A few times :sly:
I would wait for your oil change thow, no sence in wasting good oil and a crush washer..lol
Soooooo, did you ride it yet John? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.