Graves R6 Garage - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 12:36 PM
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 25
Re: Graves R6 Garage

1. You say you either run a PCV with the 02 plugged (did you mean unplugged) or a PCV with the auto tune.
2. So you do use the PCV with the 08?
3. Is there a place you can download maps like the PC3. I went to your site, but I have have another link that you have to signup with Graves and the price is better.
4. Is that price not valid?

5. Basically I am trying to figure out the advantage of the Power commander. In the past I have always used Kawasaki Race Kit ECUs (with Kawasakis of course), but with Graves and Yamaha only taking orders a few times a year and the price it makes it difficult. The 08 R6 has so many sensors and the 02 you would think at 1st glance that it has some great technology. So seems if I go with the PCV you would really need the autotune.
6. Would you run it during the races and practices...as temps are always changing.
JayK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor
 
Graves Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Van Nuys
Posts: 41
Bike: Yamaha R6
Images: 3
Re: Graves R6 Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayK View Post
1. You say you either run a PCV with the 02 plugged (did you mean unplugged) or a PCV with the auto tune.

PLUGGED (no O2 sensor). The exhaust comes with a plug blocking off the
O2 sensor collar. Leave it like that and do not run the O2 sensor.


2. So you do use the PCV with the 08?

You can use either the PC111 or PCV. I stock both but at this point I would recommend the PCV. Its got a lot of NEW features. I personally run the PC111 with ignition mod which is excellent but soon enough I will end up replacing them with the PCV.

3. Is there a place you can download maps like the PC3. I went to your site, but I have have another link that you have to signup with Graves and the price is better.

I have to download the maps into the PCV's when they leave the facility. I am not aware of any place you can down load our maps from currently.
I am sure dynojet will soon have some up.


4. Is that price not valid?
If you are refering to the "Works" website, then yes the price is valid however you must be a licensed racer and have the profile completed in full.

5. Basically I am trying to figure out the advantage of the Power commander. In the past I have always used Kawasaki Race Kit ECUs (with Kawasakis of course), but with Graves and Yamaha only taking orders a few times a year and the price it makes it difficult. The 08 R6 has so many sensors and the 02 you would think at 1st glance that it has some great technology. So seems if I go with the PCV you would really need the autotune.

It is not a absolute necessity however it is a really good upgrade and the technology works. It has all of the user friendly features of a PC but in a closed loop design so everything can be tune in very detailed and basically on the fly. You can run the base map which 99% of the time is great but the Auto Tune can adjust that +/- 20% to really bring the air/fuel in perfect.If you like that map you can save that map as the base map and go from there.

6. Would you run it during the races and practices...as temps are always changing.
I am still learning about this NEW PCV and Auto Tune but from the things that I know and from the riders and racers I have talked with...I would say Yes....run it during both practices and races. You can put it on a switch so if you find a map that is a guarantee to work and the Auto tuning is just not giving you the power right at that second you can switch to the base map and go. Its just another feature that this fuel management gives. Thanks, Taige
Graves Motorsports is offline  
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor
 
Graves Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Van Nuys
Posts: 41
Bike: Yamaha R6
Images: 3
Re: Graves R6 Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFASpector View Post
double post??
No.......single but its good size
Graves Motorsports is offline  
 
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 04:53 PM
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 25
Re: Graves R6 Garage

Thanks for your comments
JayK is offline  
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
michaelrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,460
Bike: R6
Send a message via AIM to michaelrc51
Re: Graves R6 Garage

What do you guys run on your race bikes, PCV or YEC?
Have you guys used any Bazzaz Fi equipment on your race bikes?
michaelrc51 is offline  
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 PM
My R6 eats me.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Re: Graves R6 Garage

Hi,

I have been running a full graves system with PC3 and your map for most of the year and all going good. However I am looking to purchase the YEC Loom and ECU for my race bike. I understand that the ECU comes with default Stock and SuperSports options. My engine on the bike is currently standard, so works fine with the PC3. Not sure which way to go here. Keep the PC3 with the graves map and hook that into the Race ECU and Loom? Or am I looking to getting rid of the PC3 and having to get the Race ECU tuned for the Race Filter and Graves Race System. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael
highlander is offline  
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I eat my R6
 
Paytheon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 18,792
Images: 61
Re: Graves R6 Garage

I have the older Ti Full Graves exhaust with a newer carbon fiber can on it. I noticed you guys now have the blak end cap on the carbon fiber can (mines not). Can the aluminum looking cap be replaced with the black one? Further, do you have a map for this exhaust configuration, it probably doesn't matter much, if I go with a PCV? Thanks


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paytheon is offline  
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor
 
Graves Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Van Nuys
Posts: 41
Bike: Yamaha R6
Images: 3
Re: Graves R6 Garage

You should email me at Graves so I can go more in detail on this however, just a quick note on this.

I would suggest retaining the PC along with the ECU. It is easier to do a quick tune and mapping to and you get really get details on the fuel curve.
Also if for some reason need to change the mapping for another track or something like that, you will often run into someone who has no clue how to tune a Kit ECU and you will be stuck with what ya brung. If you have the PC delivering the fuel map then you will always have the ability to get it tuned.

There are definitely benefits to running both. Email me direct and I will be able to give you some additional info. Thanks, Taige


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
Hi,

I have been running a full graves system with PC3 and your map for most of the year and all going good. However I am looking to purchase the YEC Loom and ECU for my race bike. I understand that the ECU comes with default Stock and SuperSports options. My engine on the bike is currently standard, so works fine with the PC3. Not sure which way to go here. Keep the PC3 with the graves map and hook that into the Race ECU and Loom? Or am I looking to getting rid of the PC3 and having to get the Race ECU tuned for the Race Filter and Graves Race System. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael
Graves Motorsports is offline  
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor
 
Graves Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Van Nuys
Posts: 41
Bike: Yamaha R6
Images: 3
Re: Graves R6 Garage

I cannot really comment on the details of the race program however I always suggest running the PC along with the YEC. There is another post in this thread that explains why.
As it goes for the Bazzaz product. They build a quality product, the main reason I push Dynojet over them is simply because tnot only are they built with quality and durability but they are currently the industry standard.
It might sound like a weak reason for my choice however..... I know and talk to a lot of people in the motorcycle industry and I would estimate that if you asked every tuner/mechanic "can you tune my bike with a PC installed", 99% of them would say "no problem, Ive been doing it for 5+ years, bring it in". Unfortunately
if you ask the same question but switch Bazzaz instead of Dynojet you will
get a lot of people that say "I can probably do that for you" "or I have not worked with one yet but Im willing to give it a shot" .... most of the responses will probably be along these line.
Now this does not at all describe the quality or features of the Bazzaz unit. Like I said, my opinion is, it is a well designed product with really great features and could one day be the indutry standard but that is just not the case right now. Thanks, taige


Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrc51 View Post
What do you guys run on your race bikes, PCV or YEC?
Have you guys used any Bazzaz Fi equipment on your race bikes?
Graves Motorsports is offline  
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor
 
Graves Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Van Nuys
Posts: 41
Bike: Yamaha R6
Images: 3
Re: Graves R6 Garage

You probably have a titanium entrance and exit tips unless you purchased our Show Stopper series which has polished stainless caps. The carbon tips are not available as of right now. We did a run of them but they are made in very small runs and as of now not cost effective to offer. You can have a black coating put on them that I have seen and it looks great. Email me for more info if you are interested. Thanks, Taige


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytheon View Post
I have the older Ti Full Graves exhaust with a newer carbon fiber can on it. I noticed you guys now have the blak end cap on the carbon fiber can (mines not). Can the aluminum looking cap be replaced with the black one? Further, do you have a map for this exhaust configuration, it probably doesn't matter much, if I go with a PCV? Thanks
Graves Motorsports is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graves Fender Eliminator R6 03-05 ZipPhReaK Bike Parts For Sale 5 09-08-2008 04:24 PM
Random R6/GSXR parts, rearsets, takesoffs, new tires, ect... FastrnU Bike Parts For Sale 24 09-07-2008 01:57 PM
Performance and stock from 03 R6 power commander w/quik shift, Graves, vortex, Scotts trboboostr6 Bike Parts For Sale 9 07-28-2008 06:15 PM
WTB: Full graves for a 07 r6. xlversatilelx Bike Parts For Sale 0 05-01-2008 06:53 PM
Pics of Graves shorty's on 06 R6? Other suggestions? Speed_Addict Appearance and Exterior Mods 16 03-25-2006 12:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome