Graves R6 Garage - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 12:36 PM
My R6 eats me.

Re: Graves R6 Garage

1. You say you either run a PCV with the 02 plugged (did you mean unplugged) or a PCV with the auto tune.
2. So you do use the PCV with the 08?
3. Is there a place you can download maps like the PC3. I went to your site, but I have have another link that you have to signup with Graves and the price is better.
4. Is that price not valid?

5. Basically I am trying to figure out the advantage of the Power commander. In the past I have always used Kawasaki Race Kit ECUs (with Kawasakis of course), but with Graves and Yamaha only taking orders a few times a year and the price it makes it difficult. The 08 R6 has so many sensors and the 02 you would think at 1st glance that it has some great technology. So seems if I go with the PCV you would really need the autotune.
6. Would you run it during the races and practices...as temps are always changing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Bike: Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayK View Post
1. You say you either run a PCV with the 02 plugged (did you mean unplugged) or a PCV with the auto tune.

PLUGGED (no O2 sensor). The exhaust comes with a plug blocking off the
O2 sensor collar. Leave it like that and do not run the O2 sensor.

2. So you do use the PCV with the 08?

You can use either the PC111 or PCV. I stock both but at this point I would recommend the PCV. Its got a lot of NEW features. I personally run the PC111 with ignition mod which is excellent but soon enough I will end up replacing them with the PCV.

3. Is there a place you can download maps like the PC3. I went to your site, but I have have another link that you have to signup with Graves and the price is better.

I have to download the maps into the PCV's when they leave the facility. I am not aware of any place you can down load our maps from currently.
I am sure dynojet will soon have some up.

4. Is that price not valid?
If you are refering to the "Works" website, then yes the price is valid however you must be a licensed racer and have the profile completed in full.

5. Basically I am trying to figure out the advantage of the Power commander. In the past I have always used Kawasaki Race Kit ECUs (with Kawasakis of course), but with Graves and Yamaha only taking orders a few times a year and the price it makes it difficult. The 08 R6 has so many sensors and the 02 you would think at 1st glance that it has some great technology. So seems if I go with the PCV you would really need the autotune.

It is not a absolute necessity however it is a really good upgrade and the technology works. It has all of the user friendly features of a PC but in a closed loop design so everything can be tune in very detailed and basically on the fly. You can run the base map which 99% of the time is great but the Auto Tune can adjust that +/- 20% to really bring the air/fuel in perfect.If you like that map you can save that map as the base map and go from there.

6. Would you run it during the races and practices...as temps are always changing.
I am still learning about this NEW PCV and Auto Tune but from the things that I know and from the riders and racers I have talked with...I would say Yes....run it during both practices and races. You can put it on a switch so if you find a map that is a guarantee to work and the Auto tuning is just not giving you the power right at that second you can switch to the base map and go. Its just another feature that this fuel management gives. Thanks, Taige
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFASpector View Post
double post??
No.......single but its good size

post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 04:53 PM
My R6 eats me.

Thanks for your comments
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: R6
Send a message via AIM to michaelrc51

What do you guys run on your race bikes, PCV or YEC?
Have you guys used any Bazzaz Fi equipment on your race bikes?
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 PM
My R6 eats me.

Hi,

I have been running a full graves system with PC3 and your map for most of the year and all going good. However I am looking to purchase the YEC Loom and ECU for my race bike. I understand that the ECU comes with default Stock and SuperSports options. My engine on the bike is currently standard, so works fine with the PC3. Not sure which way to go here. Keep the PC3 with the graves map and hook that into the Race ECU and Loom? Or am I looking to getting rid of the PC3 and having to get the Race ECU tuned for the Race Filter and Graves Race System. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I eat my R6

I have the older Ti Full Graves exhaust with a newer carbon fiber can on it. I noticed you guys now have the blak end cap on the carbon fiber can (mines not). Can the aluminum looking cap be replaced with the black one? Further, do you have a map for this exhaust configuration, it probably doesn't matter much, if I go with a PCV? Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

You should email me at Graves so I can go more in detail on this however, just a quick note on this.

I would suggest retaining the PC along with the ECU. It is easier to do a quick tune and mapping to and you get really get details on the fuel curve.
Also if for some reason need to change the mapping for another track or something like that, you will often run into someone who has no clue how to tune a Kit ECU and you will be stuck with what ya brung. If you have the PC delivering the fuel map then you will always have the ability to get it tuned.

There are definitely benefits to running both. Email me direct and I will be able to give you some additional info. Thanks, Taige

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
Hi,

I have been running a full graves system with PC3 and your map for most of the year and all going good. However I am looking to purchase the YEC Loom and ECU for my race bike. I understand that the ECU comes with default Stock and SuperSports options. My engine on the bike is currently standard, so works fine with the PC3. Not sure which way to go here. Keep the PC3 with the graves map and hook that into the Race ECU and Loom? Or am I looking to getting rid of the PC3 and having to get the Race ECU tuned for the Race Filter and Graves Race System. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

I cannot really comment on the details of the race program however I always suggest running the PC along with the YEC. There is another post in this thread that explains why.
As it goes for the Bazzaz product. They build a quality product, the main reason I push Dynojet over them is simply because tnot only are they built with quality and durability but they are currently the industry standard.
It might sound like a weak reason for my choice however..... I know and talk to a lot of people in the motorcycle industry and I would estimate that if you asked every tuner/mechanic "can you tune my bike with a PC installed", 99% of them would say "no problem, Ive been doing it for 5+ years, bring it in". Unfortunately
if you ask the same question but switch Bazzaz instead of Dynojet you will
get a lot of people that say "I can probably do that for you" "or I have not worked with one yet but Im willing to give it a shot" .... most of the responses will probably be along these line.
Now this does not at all describe the quality or features of the Bazzaz unit. Like I said, my opinion is, it is a well designed product with really great features and could one day be the indutry standard but that is just not the case right now. Thanks, taige

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrc51 View Post
What do you guys run on your race bikes, PCV or YEC?
Have you guys used any Bazzaz Fi equipment on your race bikes?
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

You probably have a titanium entrance and exit tips unless you purchased our Show Stopper series which has polished stainless caps. The carbon tips are not available as of right now. We did a run of them but they are made in very small runs and as of now not cost effective to offer. You can have a black coating put on them that I have seen and it looks great. Email me for more info if you are interested. Thanks, Taige

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytheon View Post
I have the older Ti Full Graves exhaust with a newer carbon fiber can on it. I noticed you guys now have the blak end cap on the carbon fiber can (mines not). Can the aluminum looking cap be replaced with the black one? Further, do you have a map for this exhaust configuration, it probably doesn't matter much, if I go with a PCV? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.