Graves R6 Garage - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Bike: Yamaha R6
Graves R6 Garage

Got a tech question on your R6? We'll do our best to help out.
Get technical info from the Graves Motorsports Staff and Race team. Occasionally one our own Race Team mechanics will step in and take on tech questions that can only be answered by the pros.

Lets keep this thread strictly R6 tech and we will get some questions answered. I will also be adding some standard technical advice that is relative to Graves products and/or just plain fun to talk about.

Thanks, Taige

Graves Motorsports

Taige Webster

Phone (818)902-1942 ext 108
Fax (818)902-3821

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Beau, Garage Endeavors

Re: Graves R6 Garage

double post??
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 AM
My R6 eats me.

Graves Exhaust Full System and Power Commander Map

Hi,

I have a 08 R6 and in the process of installing the Graves Full System (lovely bit of kit!!), and I was looking to install the mapping you have on your site. However it states that the mapping is with the O2 Disconnected.

My Power Commander is on the way, but I thought the installation instructions of the PC are to also connect it to the O2 Sensor. If I disconnect the O2 it will give an error code on the dash. I have heard of O2 eliminators but have not found one yet.

What’s the best way to get rid of the O2 sensor and have the PC3 installed with the Graves Map.

Thanks
Michael

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Re: Graves Exhaust Full System and Power Commander Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
Hi,

I have a 08 R6 and in the process of installing the Graves Full System (lovely bit of kit!!), and I was looking to install the mapping you have on your site. However it states that the mapping is with the O2 Disconnected.

My Power Commander is on the way, but I thought the installation instructions of the PC are to also connect it to the O2 Sensor. If I disconnect the O2 it will give an error code on the dash. I have heard of O2 eliminators but have not found one yet.

What’s the best way to get rid of the O2 sensor and have the PC3 installed with the Graves Map.

Thanks
Michael
Hey Michael,
On the 08 R6 removing the 02 sensor will NOT throw a code. There are bikes out there (GSXR) that will throw a code when removing the O2 but not the R6. You do not want the 02 installed with the PC111. It kind of negates the action of the PC. The Power commander is delivering a linear fuel map to the injectors to offer the most power and if the map is correct then that is the right way (for now). If you leave the O2 hook up then it will want to "fix" what the power commander is already doing so well. If the bike makes power running lean at 12,000 then the PC111 map will do that(if mapped correctly), but if you have the 02 hooked up then the ecu will not want you to run lean and will "correct" that, inturn removing the beautiful horsepower your tuner just put in it. Remove the O2, install the PC111 (mapped), and have fun.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
OMG LOOK AT HER BEWBIES!!

Send a message via AIM to Tomsauto_Tj Send a message via Yahoo to Tomsauto_Tj

Hey guys, i have a 07 R6, and have your Full Ti system, but my muffler fits really really loose on the system even with the springs attached and clamp mounts it will move, and leaks around the pipe. any suggestions.

on another note, a friend of mine who knows one of your mechanics told me to leave the O2 sensor plugged in. should i remove it or leave it in, im running the PC3

07 Charcoal R6-sold
07 candy red R1-sold
05 repsol 600rr-Stolen 5-1-10
08 blue R6- too much to list
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsauto_Tj View Post
Hey guys, i have a 07 R6, and have your Full Ti system, but my muffler fits really really loose on the system even with the springs attached and clamp mounts it will move, and leaks around the pipe. any suggestions.

on another note, a friend of mine who knows one of your mechanics told me to leave the O2 sensor plugged in. should i remove it or leave it in, im running the PC3
You want the slip joint a little loose however it sounds like your exhaust is excessive. Email me over here at Graves so we can work out some details and get everything perfecto.

If you are running a PC111 I always suggest not running the 02 sensor. The reason to install a PC111 is to overide the stock ECU fuel map and put a custom fuel map for more power (if you have the right tuner). If you run the O2, I feel that the bike could have issues going back and forth between what the ECU map and the PC111 map. Either way if you have a quality tune on the bike there is no reason to run the O2. If you want to step up on Aif Fuel managment the better direction to go is to eventually invest in the NEW PCV and Auto Tune. This creates a closed loop system that can adjust the fuel delivery for different scenarios. Plus it has an option for 2 maps (performance and econo etc). Thanks Taige
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 09:12 PM
R6'er

Hi everyone,
I have a question concerning my 07 r6. I have a Graves full titanium, PC3usb and a GYTR filter. I had a dyno run that only produced 103hp max and A/F was fairly level at about 13.5 to 14. (Guessing from the previous post that the o2 sensor is negating my PC?) I was going to add Graves block offs and have it mapped.(currently have the graves 06 map) My question is will removing the o2 sensor before the mapping cause it to shoot a code on the dash and if so how do I cure it and what is available to block off the hole where the o2 sensor was on the Graves system? Thnx
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider 1 View Post
Hi everyone,
I have a question concerning my 07 r6. I have a Graves full titanium, PC3usb and a GYTR filter. I had a dyno run that only produced 103hp max and A/F was fairly level at about 13.5 to 14. (Guessing from the previous post that the o2 sensor is negating my PC?) I was going to add Graves block offs and have it mapped.(currently have the graves 06 map) My question is will removing the o2 sensor before the mapping cause it to shoot a code on the dash and if so how do I cure it and what is available to block off the hole where the o2 sensor was on the Graves system? Thnx
Removing the 02 will not throw a code. However running it along with the PC is definitely not optimum. You are going in the right direction. Put the smog block offs, remove the 02 and unplug it from the harness. Get it tuned with good map by a QUALITY tuner. Our maps are fine and in some instances are excellent but it really depends on elevation, humidity, the modifications, etc.
A custom tune is always recommended. I used one of our maps on my R6 and it worked great however when I got a chance to have one of the guys build a custom map for the PC and it really made a difference. Gained a little horsepower and actually got a little better fuel mileage.
The exhaust comes with an aluminum plug for the O2 collar however if you do not have that then they are available on the website. Thanks, Taige

Last edited by Graves Motorsports; 04-17-2009 at 12:16 PM.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 06:48 AM
My R6 eats me.

Hello, I was on the Graves site and saw you have the Power Commander V for the 08 R6. I heard you also provide a map if purchased from you...Do you only have a map for the Graves full? I ask as I have an Akro Full system. Also about what gains have you seen running the new PCV and no 02 compared to no PCV and with the 02.

Thanks
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayK View Post
Hello, I was on the Graves site and saw you have the Power Commander V for the 08 R6. I heard you also provide a map if purchased from you...Do you only have a map for the Graves full? I ask as I have an Akro Full system. Also about what gains have you seen running the new PCV and no 02 compared to no PCV and with the 02.

Thanks

We do have the PCV and Auto Tunes in stock. We do have the full system maps but you are correct.....they are for GMS full systems.

As it goes for the differences on the PCV ...we do not run them with the stock O2 sensor installed at all. We either run a PCV with the O2 collar plugged or we
run the PCV with the new Auto Tune. The Auto Tune make it a closed loop fuel management system.
Here is the link to additional info if you are interested.

Thanks, Taige

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.