Exup Eliminator....by Graves Motorsports - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Bike: Yamaha R6
Exup Eliminator....by Graves Motorsports

Graves Motorsports EXUP Eliminator.

Simple plug-and-play application allows the removal of the EXUP valve and motor without setting the dreaded Check Engine light when using a full racing exhaust. Furthers the weight savings after EXUP removal and allows for a cleaner appearance.
including: 2002-2008 R1, 2006-2009 R6, 2008-2009 WR250X/R, 2006-2009 FZ1

ELY-U-EX
$64.95

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Graves Motorsports; 04-24-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

The Exup servo motor Eliminator weight saving and....

I had a question from a customer that brought up some valid reason you and I want to remove the Exup servo motor from our Yamaha sport bike (without a code being thrown on your dash)

Question:
How much does the exup servo motor weigh, or how much weight can we expect to lose for the $64.95? I'd love to take mine off and toss it.

It is a little over a pound of weight savings on just about all of the Yamaha models with exup valves.

..however I think you will agree that there are benefits to this Exup eliminator that are far more important than the lbs of weight saving (even though every pound counts).
(1) Just the simple fact that I know there is a 2"x4" motor bolted to my bike that is not performing any function whats so ever drives me crazy. On my R6 the servo is found behind the rear shock and is easily seen. It is in a vinyl pouch that is loosely wrapped around it like a flour tortilla, barely hiding its mechanical parts. Its a visible eye soar and the ONLY reason I had left it on was because it is better that a code on my dash.

(2) Even if you have removed the cables off of the motor, it is still It is plugged into the ECU and is still turning its motor everytime you stop and start, with no clue that you have disconnected the exup valve. Now even though it is pulling very little voltage it is still taking voltage away from the motorcycle. This might not be a ton of voltage but again, why give that away for no reason.

Now you have-
- removed 1 lbs of weight (the exup eliminator weighs 0.2 lbs and is about the size of a Junior High kids thumb....easily hidden)
- given more voltage back to the motorcycle
- and removed the unsightly mechanical burrito (a.k.a Exup servo motor)
and made your motorcycle that much cleaner and clutter free vehicle.

All together this little black box performs some big improvements. Thanks, Taige

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:27 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: '08 R6
Re: Exup Eliminator....by Graves Motorsports

is shipping to chicago really $14 for this thing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbizx View Post
is shipping to chicago really $14 for this thing?

Ground shipping is around $9.50-$11. Orange label is around $14-16.
When the websale arrives into the sales department we always double check that the shipping matches the current UPS charges and then override it if it is higher than average.

Even 9.50 is a lot but UPS has had 2 (or more) price increases this year, plus add a extra couple of bucks for residential shipment ...it can get up there.

For Authorized dealers in your area you can email me at

This could save you some cash on freight. Let me know. Thanks, Taige
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 PM
<Insert Clever Quip>

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6

WOW, I was planning on ordering this until I saw the ridiculous shipping cost. I closed the page so fast I forget the exact cost, but it was something like $20. Priority 3 day USPS would be like $6.00.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Heal up Fast T-1!!

Last edited by OldskoolOCF; 05-17-2009 at 12:48 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldskoolOCF View Post
WOW, I was planning on ordering this until I saw the ridiculous shipping cost. I closed the page so fast I forget the exact cost, but it was something like $20. Priority 3 day USPS would be like $6.00.

You might not be accurate on $20 however UPS is getting more expensive everyday. I believe I have received approval on USPS and we should be integrating it into our freight choices on the web within the next week or so. Ill take a look at the UPS charges on the site. Either way we double check them before charging your card and if they are off we adjust them accordingly.
No worries, we are not here to sell UPS so we will overide anything that is incorrect. Thanks, taige
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

any chance of us on the board putting a group buy together and getting a better "price shipped" at all??

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg2001 View Post
any chance of us on the board putting a group buy together and getting a better "price shipped" at all??
I cannot.... however I bet one of our incredibly crafty dealers can work up something for you guys.
We support our dealers by developing an MSRP (Retail price) and then holding firm to it.
This gives our dealers a little wiggle room to work with when offering their customers product and service.
Im sure one of our excellent dealers right here on the forum could put something together for you guys that would benefit everyone.

Thanks, Taige
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves Motorsports View Post
I cannot.... however I bet one of our incredibly crafty dealers can work up something for you guys.
We support our dealers by developing an MSRP (Retail price) and then holding firm to it.
This gives our dealers a little wiggle room to work with when offering their customers product and service.
Im sure one of our excellent dealers right here on the forum could put something together for you guys that would benefit everyone.

Thanks, Taige
Correct! Shipment from Shane at tobefast.com was $6 and some change for the Graves smog block off plates and EXUP eliminator!

|

REVIEWS:

|
|
|
|
|
|
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 02:13 PM
sha shaaa...!

Bike: 2004 r6

bump it up....good info on the EXUP Servo... Thanks Graves Rep...

2004 R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.