Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My Buddy Went Down Today

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  doidera00 
#1 ·
So today myself and two buddies went out riding planning on hitting some curves in Fallbrook. Everything was going well but just as we hit the part where the road starts to get fun, I lost sight of one of them. We slowed down hoping he would pop around one of the corners and we could keep going but we had no such luck. We turned around and headed back and as we did a guy in a red Tacoma pointed backwards and gave me a thumbs down. A minute later I had confirmed the sad truth that my friend had just dumped his (new to him) 2014 r6. We pulled off to assess the damage and surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I had expected. Apparently he "took a turn to fast". He is fine but the bike needs a few things and that is why I am here boring you with this story. The only part that is really bad is his rear fairing. I suppose blue or white would be fine. If anyone has one that would be great. Thanks fellas.:cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Only really thing that matters is that your buddy is ok. Second is that the bike is repairable which it obviously is. This should be a very good lesson for your buddy that he should not ride above his limits. Not sure how much experience he has but it could have been much worse. Either way if that's the only part that is damaged you can replace that for ~$100 for top and bottom if you look hard enough.

#3 ·
That is exactly what I told him. Im making him get back on tomorrow and come out with me because the longer he stays off his bike the more he is going to overthink and fear everything he does. He should be fine though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.