Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Chief's 08 R6 Thread

211K views 2K replies 141 participants last post by  G2dappa 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up an 08 R6 off a fellow forum member Be4tnut over the weekend. Thanks to him for a smooth sale, and a great deal on an awesome bike!!! :toocool:

It's an 08 R6 in Liquid Silver with 1180 miles on it. This bike is literally like new. It has barely been ridden. The brake pads haven't even completely bedded into the rotors. There's still machining marks on them!

I'll be sure to keep this thread up to date with all the work I'll be doing to it coming up soon. I'll be starting by pulling the wheels off tonight for the new rubber.

List of mods:

• Full Leo Vince w/Carbon can, and it looks like the titanium header too! WEWT!
  • HID projectors with double halos. Cut off switch for headlights so only halos can be run. Separate Halo switch for the big halo. Someone on here did em. They look nice, and have the shutter that comes down for a clean cutoff line.
  • Bazzaz ZFI and Z-AFM (wideband 02)
  • Michelin Power Pures
  • Full Leo Vince exhaust
  • -1 AFAM front sprocket (525)
  • BMC Race Air Filter
  • Graves block off plates
  • Fender eliminator with manual flip up plate setup
  • Powder coated passenger pegs with led blinkers by TripageLED
  • Pazzo Shorty Levers
  • Driven D3 Grips
  • Puig DB Dark Smoke windscreen
  • Scorpio Sri900 Alarm system
  • Proton Flushies including the relay or resistor needed for slow blink
  • Third Eye Mod by Tripage
  • Battery tender Jr.
  • Front and rear redline stands

Pics
It's pretty awesome having 2 R6's in the garage!!
Right after the test ride, before we put her in the truck:

In the truck waiting for be4tnut to type up a bill of sale for just in case reasons.

Badass halos. Double halos and third light mod FTMFW!

Peep out the shrouds around the halos.

Seller's pics:
Header shot

HID's done so nicely!

Pazzo and driven for that fancy look!

Pretty slick FE

See less See more
#50 ·
How did I miss this?!!!

OMG! SMOKEY!!! THAT BIKE LOOKS EPIC!

:hump

I can't wait to see what you do to it! You aren't allowed to sell the 02! We've been over this before! No selling the 02! :fact

#57 ·
Usually not a fan of silver bikes...but yours look good!!! Congrats!

Also the headers look sweet!!! And really clean job on the HID's.

#65 ·
Man that looks like a sweet ride... I had one just like that! Haha.

Glad you are enjoying the bike. Sounds like you are going to do a few things I had planned for the bike but never got around to. With that low of miles I never got anything but the engine broken in really. The occasional ride to work is all straight highway. I didn't have time to scrub the tires in as you can see haha. I think they bike has more time of being in pieces than it does riding time.

Hope the weather clears up for you there!

#66 ·
Man that looks like a sweet ride... I had one just like that! Haha.

Glad you are enjoying the bike. Sounds like you are going to do a few things I had planned for the bike but never got around to. With that low of miles I never got anything but the engine broken in really. The occasional ride to work is all straight highway. I didn't have time to scrub the tires in as you can see haha. I think they bike has more time of being in pieces than it does riding time.

:D :D

Hope the weather clears up for you there!
:cheers

Yeah man, I'm loving it!! Thanks again bro.

You did such a great job on the bike. I couldn't ask for anything more perfect for me. :bow

The weather finally broke today. It was a wet and leafy ride outta my house this morning. Pretty nerve racking.. But I made it to the office, and am super psyched to get out after work for some real fun miles!!

Everything went smooth at the DMV also. I couldn't have asked for a smoother sale man. You ROCK!

Thanks again Be4tnut!!

#72 ·
New update:

I got my suspension setup this weekend at Washington Cycle Works. The front was only 1mm low, and the back sag was perfect. The rebound settings and compression setting were way off tho. The bike would bounce up and down. It was nuts. I guess that's why the bike did a 2nd wheelie really easily and immediately after dropping the tire. LOL

I was also able to score an AFAM -1 front sprocket for $27 at WCW. Awesome place. They also have a dyno, and charge only $80 for a session!

I almost got killed by a woman in an SUV who pulled out in front of me. I shot around the right side of her after releasing the back end from a drift as I approached the rear of the SUV. As I shot past the right side, I was riding on the white line, over a sewer grate, and my left shoulder clipped the mirror on the SUV, breaking it, and making my shoulder pretty stiff for the rest of the weekend.

I am finding moisture in my headlights, a halo is out also..

AND my blinkers stopped blinking. They just light up solid when I press the blinker. The running lights are still working correctly. This bike was setup for slow blinking, so I guess I'll look and see what I can find out. Any suggestions?

#73 ·
Remember when I had the similar problem with my blinker? It was on solid continuously? It was because one of the ground wires wasn't plugged in/connected all the way. Try all the wires and make sure they're connected. It sounds like a grounding issue.

#78 ·
Chief the bike is looking good, you still riding the 02 or is it hanging out in the garage

#79 ·
Thanks bro!!

I was on it Saturday to get the suspension setup. I just posted in REspect asking for advice cause it needs a TON of work and effort and I'm tryin to hit the track Thurs.

I'll post up some pics and info in the 02 thread today 1st chance I get. Started pulling it apart last night

#80 ·
Thats a sweet lookin bike Chief! I noticed in those pics that ya had a halo out in the right side... If you needed help I do that mod, I'm actually doing a set this week for my buddies 09, and his third eye... We could either just remove that specific CCFL from each headlight, or just replace the broken one... Shoot me a PM if ya need help fixin it...

#83 ·
agreed.....black would look good on their

#85 ·
semi gloss would look good, better than what they are know IMO

#87 ·
i just noticed you have the led's in the passenger pegs....how do you like them, are they bright. I ask cause i think that is what i am going to do but just trying to see how people like them

#88 ·
I like em a lot. I get TONS of compliments on them. I think that they are plenty bright. One of my buddies is sayin that my plate was blocking his view of them sometimes, and that he thinks people won't notice them since they are not in the usual location.

So far so good tho. I wanted to get em done on my 02, but never did. I think it may be cooler with red lights tho. I feel they are a bit more noticeable. Mine are yellow. And you can have as many LEDs put in there as you want man. Mine have like 5 or more. I'll get a video for ya

#93 ·
Hey mang, you mentioned youre looking for a set of black rims maybe for a 2nd set?

3 bills

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125888
:werd

I'm definitely interested, but won't be able to buy em for a while. I gotta get this one credit card under control first.. I can't see that happening until next year at the rate I'm going. I just put 2 sets of Power Pures on my card and a track day. I been payin 800 a month for like 4 months now, but keep adding to the mountain of debt.. :lmao At least it's no interest till the summer!

#104 ·
Got a new set of stands for the bike. I am gonna hook my buddy up with my redline stands for like 50 and a couple beers or something.

I threw on some Woodcraft spools since the ones I had I gave to my buddy for the track day we did. One of em saved his swingarm for sure.

Pic of the projectors and the bike on front headlift stand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.