Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Project Revival!!! M3LoVeR1's build thread!!!

56K views 457 replies 61 participants last post by  m3lover1 
#1 · (Edited)
Well here's my take on a build thread. Hope mine will be as entertaining as others!!! :toocool:

Last year Oct, bought my 07 Team Yamaha Blue R6 with 14,995 on the clock. Got it at $4500, which is a pretty good deal here in Cali. Got into an accident last November though on the highway :thumbdown...thank God I'm alive...

Unfortunately only got a few picture of it pre-accident...

Here she is in a position we never wish to see her in...EVER!!!

Cliff notes on the accident: car in front of SUV slammed on brakes, chain reaction I ended up superman style flying into back of SUV at around 50mph. Came out with minor scruffs and scratches here and there. Biggest thing was 5% minor lung collapse on both lungs, those healed by themselves.

Got a check from insurance to fix it, with clean title. Won't list the amount, but let's say it was a GOOD amount. :fact Still flirted with picking another used R6 and try selling this one, but it was easier for me to fix it. So scoured for parts.

It needed basically right side fairings, front brake reservoir, upper triple tree, ignition, wheels, right clipon.

Here she sat for a while...

Here it doesn't look too bad...estimate to fix was high though due to two wheels and OEM fairings, upper clamp, and ignition switch.

Picked up used wheels, fairings, tank, and oem parts for the misc pieces.

Tore apart her for surgery...

Put on the "new" used wheels and went with different color scheme...
Tank first...

Installed Motovation No Cut Frame Sliders and Woodcraft Swingarm Spools...

The complete product finished to the point it is mechanically safe to ride!!!

Sorry for the long post, but excited since this past weekend was first time I rode in a long time!!! Prior to purchasing these grey fairings, I didn't really like the color. Then my pops had a coworker that rode his to work, and he said it looked actually not bad. So I picked up full set of OEM charcoal grey with tank from a forum member here. And I am LOVING it!!! It looks great!! :toocool::YEA

I'm not done yet though, haven't installed my mods yet!!! Will update with pics when I'm done installing the mods!

Thanks for looking guys!!

P.S. I know the front pitbull stand is facing the wrong direction! :lmao

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome man that bike looks like nothing ever happened to it. Bet it feels good to ride again!

#9 ·
Feels great!! Only thing is there are times, especially when car in front brakes somewhat hard, that my heart pumps faster. Not like freaking out, but certainly scares me a bit whereas it didn't before. On the freeway you see me realllyyy far away from the car in front! :lmao

charcoal FTW:toocool:
Yea didn't want charcoal before cause I've actually never seen it in person. Looking at pictures didn't make it appealing to me. My pops saw one and said it was good looking, so I bought the fairings. Let's just say pictures don't do charcoal grey and justice! :fact

#8 ·
Naw I found a guy on craigslist and contacted him. Brought it into San Jose Yamaha to have them to a check up on it to see the condition. Came out good, got the price I want, and I bought it!! :toocool:

Nice job, did you paint the tank or get a new one? Just so you know, you lost about 6-9 hp by switching from blue.

Do you still have the old one? :sing
:lmao I hope I can regain those lost hp when I install my exhaust later!!! :YEA

I got the tank with the full set of fairings, for a good price. I still have some blue fairings that are in good condition. You interested in some?

I still have the blue tank too. Tip-top shape!!

Awesome, good to see it back to tip top shape! And glad to hear you got out of your incident with minor injuries!
Thanks buddy!!!

#11 ·
Now I'm not sure whether to get gold grips and levers or black?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle App

#13 ·
You know...I think I lost all my pics...my best friend tried to drift with it in a residential area and ran it up the tree...:thumbdown

I miss that car a lot!!!

#14 ·
Just installed the Graves Works Exhaust, Graves EXUP Elim, and Spiegler Brake Lines...

The exhaust is very loud and sounds awesome!! I'm glad I picked this over Akra, although I know I can't go wrong with either one.

Didn't take much pictures during the process, cause I kind of forgot and was too busy making sure I did everything correctly...

Right before installation of brake lines...

Finished installation of Graves...

Really quick question guys, one of the lines from the front master cylinder is touching lightly against the fork. That's ok right?

#56 ·
That's fine, cause the top of the fork is stationary and the lines move with the fork when you turn the bars. But it can/will leave a sweet gouge mark like mine did. :lmao

I'm assuming this is no longer an issue since you have the type 3's on now.

Quick question guys for those that have the ss brake lines. After the install, for the front, did you leave the line hanging on the right side of the wheel (while facing the front of the bike, like you're sitting on it) or did you use something like the bracket to attach the line to the front wheel fender?
You can re-use one of the brackets for whichever side it is that it works well with. The other side will make a sharp angle if you try to use the bracket. I have no brackets and have zip ties on the forks for the lines.

eww street build.... :popcorn:

Jk
:bowroll:

GTFO!!

:laugh this is my street/track combo. In a year or so it'll be dedicated track bike.

:flex:
:flex:

Looks like it's getting close! Your dad will be whippin this thing around in no time! :cheers

#17 ·
Thanks Walt! Yea I think I'm going to get that. Does it have resistors in it already so I don't need to get a separate one, since I have motodynamic taillight?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle App

#18 ·
Found a little of the in between pics...

Looking very nice!!

It was a b!tch to take off the damn O2 sensor and reroute it to work. Almost was about to just plug it then found a way...

#21 ·
Minor update...installed my bazzaz zfi +z-afm and graves block offs...man those were a bitch to install....

Its a mess under the tank with all the wires...lol

And I don't know if it's just me or not...but my Graves exhaust seem to be a bit quieter now with my bazzaz installed...

#23 ·
:cheers great minds think alike...:lmao

What color hyperpro you got? I'm considering getting one. Price?

#25 ·
Exactly the color combo I want!!! Now it's getting a little too similar...:lmao:lmao

#26 ·
Quick question guys for those that have the ss brake lines. After the install, for the front, did you leave the line hanging on the right side of the wheel (while facing the front of the bike, like you're sitting on it) or did you use something like the bracket to attach the line to the front wheel fender?

#28 ·
:popcorn:

#30 ·

#33 ·
So...I'll update what I've done to my bike starting from the last update here, although some of these are not on my bike anymore.

Starting with these...got these ASV levers new

Used them for a good while and loved them, but don't have them anymore...

#35 ·
Some more goodies here!

BMC Race air filter, courtesy of Rider's Discount. Didn't use the extra piece...forgot what's the term for it...idiot..

New Hyperpro RSC damper..atm it wasn't fully installed yet...

HID's from Kryptonbulbs...6k for low beam, 3k for high beam. Gift from friend, only pics of the HID itself, not on the bike. Will get that shortly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.