17K views 229 replies 51 participants last post by  imaking20 
#1 ·
bone stock Suzuki DR-Z400sm (supermoto)
6645 miles
got it for $3200. :D yea... that's a GREAT deal. :fact

here she is when i got her home earlier today. dirty, but GREAT "bones."

on my to-do list is:

MCCT (manual cam chain tensioner)
some preventative maintenance (loctite on a few "inside" bolts)
case covers
new stock levers
full exhaust (either arrow or yoshi)
exhaust slider (learned my lesson on my R6)
k&n air filter
slider kit (stock ones are pure crap, imo)
angled valve stems (from agg racing) :sing
skully grips (always) :fact
free airbox mod
fren tubo type 2 lines (white) :D
HID headlight
jet kit (still doing research on this one)
new tires (prolly the 023's)
new plug
new fluids
and a few other odds and ends throughout the process

i'll take pics along the way. i hope i enjoy this as much as i did the R6 on the street. i have a feeling this is RIGHT up my alley... i'm getting older, and it's WAY more comfortable. and at ~65mpg, it's gonna be FUH-UN to rag on a bit. :D (and i think it takes 87 gas) :D

down the road i'll prolly do the chain and sprockets - with stock gearing. and also add a clarke fat tank... about an extra gallon of fuel (great for those LONG hill-country rides). we'll see... thanks for reading all of this. fcuk those that didn't. :laugh i like tits.

See less See more
#2 ·
Def like the white WAY better than the black ones you were looking at. Looks like TOO much fun. I know I would get into more trouble with 1 of these since the front is so light.:sing
Congrats bro!:toocool:

#12 ·
Sweet!!! I can't wait to see your progress! Where'd you find that one? How far did you have to travel?

#21 ·
Congrats!!! :cheers

#26 ·
TO 3x3. the stock "port" like 1.5" x 2" oval. WAY too small. this opens it up...

U gonna get away with that on stock jets?

Congrats on the new bike :cheers

:popcorn: for onboard video of hooliganism
no stock jets. james dean jetting kit on order.

only ~$785 in parts on order. :| and i still need new tires and a better looking tail light setup, and a new rear fender (for looks, not really a NEED). :rant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.