Re: My Track to Street conversion/build
Good and bad day today.
Good- I got the new bearings installed on the swing arm and it's reinstalled.
Bad- I was installing the clutch basket and noticed it was pretty worn. I'm not really sure if I should reuse it or not. I did some searching, and it looks like it's normal, so I'm thinking I'll just reuse it. Another bad- I tried to reinstall the oil pump cover only to find out that most of the threads were previously helicoiled. Trying to thread them again broke the helicoil. Spent hours trying to rethread and gave up. Went out to autozone and picked up their thread repair kit. It works great! Directions kind of suck, but the threads are holding up under torque. I need to pick up another pack of the inserts though. Kit only came with 3 and I need 1 more. I also need to figure out how to mount that shock reservoir. It was previously zip tied to the sub frame. With the subframe tray installed, that's not possible anymore. I have an idea for it, but it will need to wait until other parts are installed.
I also found out that the HF bead breaker doesn't work all that great on the R6 rim. It works great on the 250 though.