Well I have some updates....
First of all, it is running, but the intake boot o-rings were leaking:
I ordered some Viton seals, but got some Buna ones to install in the mean time. Wile I was at it, I changed to screws from the POS phillips, to socket head:
With the interim seals in, I was able to get the pilot circuit mostly dialed in...
Next, there was a nice little ding in the tank:
With my little dent puller, I was able to get it to be a smaller ding:
I actually got it even smaller than this picture shows with a little more work.
I don't like the housing that the gauges were in, so I decided to take off their clothes and run them exposed........but that COLOR! It's gotta go!
A little satin paint, and voila!
Finally, I need to locate the position for my rear sets. To do this, I used some 3/8" plywood to mock them up.
The final shape of the brackets will not be anything like that. The shape will be determined by the hole locations, and minimized as much as possible.
I think this will be the position, but I am waiting for my rearsets to come in to make sure they will work. I am most concerned with them interfering with the kick starter, but the set that I got has folding pegs, and I think I can set up a quick release for the brake pedal linkage, so that it can easily swing out of the way if I need to use the kicker. But even that may not be necessary.....we will see.
I am also waiting for the steel brake line that I ordered for the front brake.