It's been a while since I updated this thread.* I have done a few nickel and dime items and have continued working on the rearsets and linkage layouts:
First, the rear brake linkage set-up:
I cut off the brake pedal:
Made a tab for the linkage:
Shaped, drilled and welded the tab to the brake pedal clamp:
Cleaned it up a bit (had to grind off the rest of the chrome for paint eventually):
Here it is installed with the link attached:
...but why, you ask, did I use a shackle with a removable pin instead of a heim joint on the front joint?
Well, I'm glad you asked!* The kick starter cant be used with the rearsets in their normal position:
...so I made it so you fold the peg, and disconnect the linkage (without tools) and flip the brake pedal out of the way, and Voila!* The kicker* is functional!
Next, the shifter side:
As I mentioned before, the shifter that was included in the set pointed up, but this would cause issues with the linkage,
...so Kris Richardson from Old School Speed sent me a shifter that pointed down:
I drilled off the original ball joint from the shifter link:
And here it is...
Finally, the rearset brackets needed to be trimmed down to get rid of the excess:
With only an angle grinder and a bench grinder....not too bad, if I say so myself:
and here it is installed:
I need to get some 1 inch spacers made out of 1-1/4" round stock to replace the sockets I have between the brackets and the pegs, and I need to find some place to counter bore the mounting holes so the bolt heads will sit in a bit, then I can paint them.