My NotSoSuper6 Build - Page 9 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM
I eat my R6
 
Shawn3210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SOCAL 562
Posts: 1,617
Bike: 2014 R6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

always fun going with people! I wish haha, gotta get my bike ready to race in jan. Lemme know how it goes, I raced chuckwalla all season long and loved. Becareful with turn 8,9, 10...take it easy there. It's called garcia (crash) hill. I know because I crashed there three times this year lol.

CVMA #143

Faceboooooook
instagram shawn_r6r
Shawn3210 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:43 AM
I gotta ride!
 
05 R6 Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lake Elsinore CA
Posts: 191
Bike: 05 R6 Raven
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Seriously Man
Big Willow w/TrackXperience was my cherry popper too. Great group of guys. I would be doing much more track days if I didn't have to travel so much with work. Did Chuckwalla last June (hot as hell) stole a port-a-cooler from work to help out... Did Streets of Willow just before coming out here to Taiwan. I usually bring my toy hauler or my bike trailer so if your looking for a car pull buddy or just someone to shoot the shit with, hit me up. If you see a Dodge Ram painted like the General Lee, that would be me
Oh, and turn 3 is where I had my first taste of asphalt...cold day on cold tires

05 R6 Raven
520 -1+3 conversion
gpr
gytr shorty
power comander
sliders
speedo healer
graves block off plates
woodcraft case cover

had led's, flush mounts, fender elimator, and yosh trs but stripped for the track now!
05 R6 Rob is offline  
post #83 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 08:25 AM
A work in progress...
 
TheJokester3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,497
Bike: 07 Candy Red R6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

The more and more I look at rearsets, I fall more in love with vortex.

RIP Matt (Ghost R6). You will be greatly missed. Be smooth and the rubber turning till we meet again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline  
post #84 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Sherwin Antagonist
 
milko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,475
Bike: 2009 r6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 R6 Rob View Post
Seriously Man
Big Willow w/TrackXperience was my cherry popper too. Great group of guys. I would be doing much more track days if I didn't have to travel so much with work. Did Chuckwalla last June (hot as hell) stole a port-a-cooler from work to help out... Did Streets of Willow just before coming out here to Taiwan. I usually bring my toy hauler or my bike trailer so if your looking for a car pull buddy or just someone to shoot the shit with, hit me up. If you see a Dodge Ram painted like the General Lee, that would be me
Oh, and turn 3 is where I had my first taste of asphalt...cold day on cold tires
I was nervous about the Big track for cherry popping but it turned out to be an awesome day. Love turn 1 and then 3 up the hill, hate 8 and 9, feels like I'm lost out there. A guy crashed in front of me with cold tires on turn 3. I knew it the moment he took off on me it was going to happen. 1st lap of the 2nd session. It was like 45* outside. I'm going to have to watch some more Chuck vids and def watch out for garcia hill and T3. Next year for sure I'll be out there with you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJokester3 View Post
The more and more I look at rearsets, I fall more in love with vortex.
The grip on the pegs is unbelievably aggressive. Feels like they're digging into my sneakers. Can't wait to take them out for a ride

"that's the smell of dedication.....and maybe a little athlete's foot" - Cal Crutchlow


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro!
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline  
post #85 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Sherwin Antagonist
 
milko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,475
Bike: 2009 r6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

3 more days!!!!


"that's the smell of dedication.....and maybe a little athlete's foot" - Cal Crutchlow


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro!
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline  
post #86 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Suk it, Lee
 
Ryan5544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 19,064
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Damn..
Ryan5544 is offline  
post #87 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
I gotta ride!
 
05 R6 Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lake Elsinore CA
Posts: 191
Bike: 05 R6 Raven
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Posted a vid of CW in June, check it out. I did clockwise the first time but was nervous as hell since it was was first time back after my lowside at Willow. The vid is from the second time there going ccwise. Watched a guy go off on Garcia ccw...didn't get it on vid though.
I love 8-9 at big Willow!!!!! You can really nail it and get a good run on the front straight. I had Brian with TrackXperience working with me cause he rides a 6 the same year as mine. I was seriously pulling punks on liter bikes down the front straight. Felt like "the man" if only for a day. I think 2 is my fav though, 100mph with your knee on the ground.

05 R6 Raven
520 -1+3 conversion
gpr
gytr shorty
power comander
sliders
speedo healer
graves block off plates
woodcraft case cover

had led's, flush mounts, fender elimator, and yosh trs but stripped for the track now!
05 R6 Rob is offline  
post #88 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 PM
I gotta ride!
 
05 R6 Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lake Elsinore CA
Posts: 191
Bike: 05 R6 Raven
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Thanks a lot Milko!!!!

I just had to order new stailess brake lines and adjustable levers for my bike.
After seeing how sexy your bike is, I couldn't handle not getting something for my baby too.
Oh man... I just ordered new wheels for my dirt bike last week too. I'll never be able to stop working if I keep buying goodies for my riding habit!

05 R6 Raven
520 -1+3 conversion
gpr
gytr shorty
power comander
sliders
speedo healer
graves block off plates
woodcraft case cover

had led's, flush mounts, fender elimator, and yosh trs but stripped for the track now!
05 R6 Rob is offline  
post #89 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Sherwin Antagonist
 
milko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,475
Bike: 2009 r6
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 R6 Rob View Post
Posted a vid of CW in June, check it out. I did clockwise the first time but was nervous as hell since it was was first time back after my lowside at Willow. The vid is from the second time there going ccwise. Watched a guy go off on Garcia ccw...didn't get it on vid though.
I love 8-9 at big Willow!!!!! You can really nail it and get a good run on the front straight. I had Brian with TrackXperience working with me cause he rides a 6 the same year as mine. I was seriously pulling punks on liter bikes down the front straight. Felt like "the man" if only for a day. I think 2 is my fav though, 100mph with your knee on the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 R6 Rob View Post
Thanks a lot Milko!!!!

I just had to order new stailess brake lines and adjustable levers for my bike.
After seeing how sexy your bike is, I couldn't handle not getting something for my baby too.
Oh man... I just ordered new wheels for my dirt bike last week too. I'll never be able to stop working if I keep buying goodies for my riding habit!

You can thank everyone on this forum for that one. They got me hooked. Hope you bought Fren Tubos from Agg or Anthony and levers from Sherman . I had a set budget of $200 every pay period (2wks in my case)....nope that went out the window that first Friday. Its been at least double that. I think I'm going to stop for now. No need for go fast parts when I'm slow. Going to invest that in Track days and seat time.


I really wanted the rearsets though just because I really had to put effort into locking my knee in the tank. I'd like to place my attention elsewhere.

I'll see if I can find your vids. I pulled on some liter bikes down the front straight too. Not sure if it was a good run off of 9, the BAUCE flash (Awesome BTW!!!), or them just being slower than me but it def felt good . I'm too slow for 100mph in turn 2 and my knee is still a virgin. I didn't see but I'd say it was more like 80sh for me(or 70). I actually got a bit comfortable on the last session and then ran wide off 9 and into the dirt . I was like until i hit the hot pit. May have also shat my pantaloons a little bit. Glad I got that out of the way on day 1 . Def gotta work on my lines @ chuck.

Edit!!: Found the vid..watching now

"that's the smell of dedication.....and maybe a little athlete's foot" - Cal Crutchlow


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro!
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline  
post #90 of 220 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 PM
I gotta ride!
 
05 R6 Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lake Elsinore CA
Posts: 191
Bike: 05 R6 Raven
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

ummmm.... no
I don't really know too much about them. For now, I have just been going through kneedraggers.

Wish I could set a budget for the bike build but got too many other bills.
Dang car payment, House payment, boat payment, the girlfriend tax, and the $1,200 a month child support. Gonna have to stick with the get stuff when I can budget. Usually time like now, when I'm over seas working 12hrs a day, 7 days a week.

05 R6 Raven
520 -1+3 conversion
gpr
gytr shorty
power comander
sliders
speedo healer
graves block off plates
woodcraft case cover

had led's, flush mounts, fender elimator, and yosh trs but stripped for the track now!
05 R6 Rob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OnTheMove's Build/Re-Build Thread: Stay Tuned! OnTheMove Bike Build Forum 26 07-03-2014 04:07 PM
08 LE build gosloturbo Bike Build Forum 9 10-25-2011 01:41 PM
04 R6 Build leblanc3 Appearance and Exterior Mods 4 04-20-2011 09:18 PM
New 06 Build eric cartman R6-Forum Ride of the Month 19 12-28-2009 01:29 PM
02 r6 build up strokerace Appearance and Exterior Mods 14 03-30-2009 10:09 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome