Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My NotSoSuper6 Build

27K views 219 replies 37 participants last post by  babymilo36 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured I've been hanging around here long enough that I'd start my own thread. That and my first TD is coming so I think this is a good way to see progress :D
For those who don't know me, the names Will (Wilfredo). I'm proud to say,this bike has essentially become a forum whore. About 98% of all the mods done to it have been purchased through vendors and other members here on the forum (including most of my gear).

Cliffs for backstory (I'll add a more in depth later):
-Always wanted a bike since H.S.
-Ridden a few times here and there, never my own bike.
-Wanted R1, but figured too much bike for first time owning.
-Got some cash last year, found this 2009 Raven.
-I buy for my B-day
-I ride

Only mods on the bike when I purchased her were a Yoshimura TRC carbon slip on, K&N air filter,fender eliminator,smoked windscreen,and the bike was lowered about 2-3"

Current Mods(as of 12/12):
-Stock headers + Midpipe(don't know brand, was purchased from infamous_R6)
-K&N Air Filter
-Yoshimura TRC Carbon Slip on
-PCV + Autotune
-BAUCERACING ECU flash/Tune
-Agg Smog Block Offs
-Woodcraft case covers
-Shermoto Levers
-FT type 3 brake lines (Agg)
-EBC HH Pads
-Vortex adjustable rearsets (BAUCE)
-BT s20's
-Hot Bodies smoked Flush mounts
-Motodynamic smoked tailight
-4300k HID mini H1 projectors with dual white angel eyes (BK moto)
-Agg SBK reservoir
-WC spool sliders
-WC frame sliders
-Puig DB dark smoke
-Vortex V3 gas cap (BAUCE)
-Stahlbus Oil drain Valve
-Stomp Grip
-Speed Bleeder

Pics!!!

How I got her

As she sits as of a few weeks ago.

See less See more
#3 ·
Don't want to drop any names, but someone's GF keeps forgetting the decals:sing

you have my paypal!:D

#5 ·
That bike is so purdy................

#8 ·
Nice! It'll be fun removing those headlights and all for when you hit the track! At least, that's what I'd recommend so they weren't to get damage if you did take a spill...

Not at all wishing that on you, or anyone for that matter. Just saying it'd prob be in your best interest if you're taking it to the track... With projectors and all, your headlights are now quite expensive to replace...

You plan on picking up track fairings and all that? Or stayin street and just tryin out the track?

Best of luck man! Gorgeous bike! :fact

As Ant said, that is one of my fav R6's out... I'm not even into Gold, but that Black and Gold combo is so sick!

:cheers

#12 ·
Gracias! :cheers

Nice! It'll be fun removing those headlights and all for when you hit the track! At least, that's what I'd recommend so they weren't to get damage if you did take a spill...

Not at all wishing that on you, or anyone for that matter. Just saying it'd prob be in your best interest if you're taking it to the track... With projectors and all, your headlights are now quite expensive to replace...

You plan on picking up track fairings and all that? Or stayin street and just tryin out the track?

Best of luck man! Gorgeous bike! :fact

As Ant said, that is one of my fav R6's out... I'm not even into Gold, but that Black and Gold combo is so sick!

I do plan on track plastics in the future..I have an idea brewing that i may talk to chief about. Hopefully it will raise some cash for L.A. Childrens hospital if I can pull it off. (sort of what another member did on here with kids painting his bike but a bit different) I'll def be taking it slow this first time around the track though Try to soak up and learn as much as possible.

I like Sherman time

That bike is too pretty
I knew you would... :D:cheers

That bike is so purdy................

#10 ·
FT3's :hump

Reflectors eventually came off :lmao

Headers

Stalhbus oil plug

Puig DB Dark Smoke

B4

After

WC Case Covers (cell phone pics...sorry)

They look like sex (pic is :repost)
:hump

#13 ·

:lmao....photoshop? i dunno how to use this photoshop you speak of:sing

#26 ·
Gracias!:cheers

#22 ·
I sure hope so :(

btw...about that text message earlier....got a lil excited...sorry :D:lmao
:pimpFTW!

#24 · (Edited)
Speaking of Track....Previous owner lowered the bike. I've been riding around like that ever since (didn't think much of it). Since i'm hitting the track this weekend i figured it was a good time to bring this baby back up to stock.

B4

During

After

Thanks again Chief for the BAUCE hoist idea and for the settings!!

I must say...HUGGGGEEE difference. I was telling Ant that before I was a bit scared everytime I had to grab a handful of brake. The front end would dive forward and I had to choice but to lock my arms when braking. After bringing the bike back to stock and using the settings Anthony recommended, it feels PLANTED. I can grab a handful of brake and it feels like the bike barely dives forward. Overall bike feels more stable.

TD Prep!
getting new pads so....Rotors honed
B4

After

Calipers cleaned...Check
B4

After

Lights taped, mirrors removed...check (still waiting on pads to arrive hence the calipers are still hanging..:lmao)

Thinking about using this GYTR Clip for track but I'm too lazy to buy a clamp. May sell

So instead i bought this (had to modify a bit..dremel FTW)

Air filter cleaned...Spark plugs recently changed...oil recently changed
Mayb I'll flush radiator. Already running WW but it never hurts right??

New rubber (BT s20s) :hump Ant and Alvin FTMW!!!!!!!

Gear...check

Gloves...Held Phantoms..no pic:(

#30 ·
Nice gear! :fact

#45 ·
stainless :thumbdown :lmao I actually got it thinking it would be nice and tucked in but it didn't turn out that way :( so I kept the yoshi.

Tuning/ECU flash is being done by Anthony (chiefsmokedawg/BAUCE-racing). I didn't really have it tuned. I was running an MJS map that was everywhere. I'm still a newb and learning so too chicken to mess with it. Can't wait to feel this buttery smooth throttle everyone keeps talking about:nocontrol

#51 ·
:eek:oh:hehe

Roll in the dirt, and the asphalt... You've got too with a new suit. :fact

As for the goods, I got my stuff in today too... Crazy it made it two diff destinations, from the same place, at the same time... I too, recieved 0 decals... But Ant has SOOOOO much shit going on right now, I can't even complain. He took care of everything, so I'm happy... Now to get this bike back together tomorrow and get track prepped again...

:fact He is the man. Decals would've been just bonus. I just like like busting a few balls every now and then :D I'm going to have to ask NICK and see if I can get matching gold BAUCE, Shermoto, and AGG decals so I can add some swagg to the bike :pimp. I just finished putting on pads and bleeding brakes...i'm done for today. Can't really bed pads without ECU (stupid sandy). I may just have to bed them on track. Another reason to take it slow. Enjoy working on the bike to the wee hours of the morning, I know I do.

#48 ·
Do it. There's plenty of maps around on here that should work decent if your on a budget. I think PCV will work on 06-07 iirc. May as well go with that over PC3. That or bazzaz.

You can always contact Chief and find out more info on the flash. He'll hook you up, answer all your questions. He's got plenty of experience and customer service is unbeatable :fact

#49 ·
Presents from BAUCE.....no decals:(

Brake pads....check (gonna need to bed these...sob)

#55 · (Edited)
A little short on time...trying to make surr everything is ready for tomorrow, so ill just leave these here

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App

#57 ·
Protects the slipon in case of lowside. I've read great things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#61 · (Edited)
:stupic

Your bike is gorgeous man! That front shot is money!
Great read and a beautiful bike as well!
Thank u kind sirs :cheers

Post TD update:

Had my very first ever track day at Willow Springs Raceway (Big Willow). First and foremost I would like to thank Anthony (Bauce Racing) for making this happen. Let me explain... I sent my ECU out to Ant last week. It never arrived. Actually, that's a lie. It arrived today while I was on the track:nono
After starting to freak out and essentially getting ready to cancel the TD, Anthony actually went out of his way to take out an ECU from his bike, customized it for my bike and overnighted it to me :eek::eek:oh:nocontrol. IIRC, Him and or Burg actually drove to the shop in the middle of the nor'easter to get the ECU. I received said ECU Friday and well...the rest is history. You Sirs over at BAUCE, are indeed the pinnacle of Awesomness :pimp:pimp:fact:bow:bow I will be posting this on the BAUCE News thread as I am just blown away at how out of his way he went to help me out. Once again, Thank you. Couldn't have had this epic day without your help!

Now onto the Track!! Overall, it was a good day. The new rider school was great and helped calm the nerves. The staff at track experience were VERY helpful. Paced myself throughout the day, trying to focus on learning the lines, body position, and throttle control. First few sessions were pretty slow, but slowly I started bringing the pace up throughout the day. I'm still slow, but hey, its my first day :D

Had 2 "OH SH!T" moments. 1st was in turn 3. Not sure exactly what happened (turned too late/early?)but I almost hit the rumble strips. 2nd was at the end of the big sweeper in turn 9 (decreasing radius).....went wide into the dirt. Stood that baby up right before the dirt and YEEE HAWW, rodeo time! Rode it out until I hit the hot pit lane, shook my head, and rode away to turn 1. Marshall gave me the thumbs up as I rode past:lmao

Sadly...knees are still virgins to the pavement:thumbdown:(

Enough Talk, onto pics

8am, 38 degrees outside, windy, showing off swing arm swag:pimp

Suction cup on tail sucks ass:nono

Giving that Shermoto lever a little love while on the brakes :toocool:

I like the avatar that HER6 has and well..figured I'd copy. Hope she doesn't mind.:D

Brand Spankin new tire in the morning...5pm, looked like this. Track was mostly right handers, which I think explains the rubber balls on the right side. Pressures were 32F 30R...Not too shabby for first time i think.

I do have some gopro footage, but I ran out of mounts and said F it, I'll use suction cup. Video looks like an epileptic seizure. I'll try and get some better looking portions and post later. I'm tired, legs hurt...I'm going to sleep. Good Night peeps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.