easbaysav's 09 Track Build - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 01:22 PM
I eat my R6

Re: easbaysav's 09 Track Build

nice build so far
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sig by milko
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my build thread-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
track fiend

Bike: 14 D675R, 15 ST3RX, 15 R1

Thanks everybody. I hate to disappoint, but she's almost done.

What I have planned for the rest of my build:
-ETI tanks sliders - ntb installed
-MJS full system with PCV (loaded with MJS custom map) - ntb installed
-AGG smog block-off plates - on the way
-Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen - on order
-Stahlbus oil drain valve - on order

After those parts are installed and a rattle can paint job, think my build will be done...

for the time being
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 AM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by easbaysav View Post
Thanks everybody. I hate to disappoint, but she's almost done.

What I have planned for the rest of my build:
-ETI tanks sliders - ntb installed
-MJS full system with PCV (loaded with MJS custom map) - ntb installed
-AGG smog block-off plates - on the way
-Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen - on order
-Stahlbus oil drain valve - on order

After those parts are installed and a rattle can paint job, think my build will be done...

for the time being

sig by milko

my build thread-

post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
track fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post

Lol, had to throw it in there. You know how the modding thing goes...
seems like it never stops.
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
I eat my R6

its always the small things that nickle and dime you

sig by milko

my build thread-

post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 AM
AFM #723

Bike: 08R6, 16R3, 15R3, 07 150R

what...no suspension mods to the track bike? Not even getting the right springs or a rebuild with re-valving?

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
track fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
its always the small things that nickle and dime you
That and seeing the nice bits everybody else posts so it's like "fack, I want that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
what...no suspension mods to the track bike? Not even getting the right springs or a rebuild with re-valving?
Maybe down the road. Had my suspension set up by Dave Moss at the Laguna trackday I did; plus the stock suspension should suffice my weight, 150 lbs no gear.

Suspension and performance (hp mods) were down on my list and was gonna hold off until I get better or feel I need the upgrade.
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
AFM #723

Bike: 08R6, 16R3, 15R3, 07 150R

Quote:
Originally Posted by easbaysav View Post
Maybe down the road. Had my suspension set up by Dave Moss at the Laguna trackday I did; plus the stock suspension should suffice my weight, 150 lbs no gear.

Suspension and performance (hp mods) were down on my list and was gonna hold off until I get better or feel I need the upgrade.
I understand HP mods, but suspension can be top on the list imho.

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
track fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
I understand HP mods, but suspension can be top on the list imho.

I'm not to that point yet, I see guys running in the faster group with stock suspension and they're doing fine.

Back when I had my third trackday, I asked Dave Moss about upgrading springs (RaceTech) for my weight and he said it wasn't necessary. For my weight and skill, he said the stock suspension is good; just needed to change the fork oil because of the amount of miles I had on the bike. That was with my 06 R1 though.
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
track fiend

Got the MJS exhaust, AGG smog plates, and PCV installed.

The clamp for the canister was a PITA to get in because of the hardware set up and I managed to add some more scratches to my already scratched up swingarm so I covered that up with the Power Commander sticker.
The DynoJet sticker for another scratch and the AGG sticker to represent.

Had some pics of the smog plates during the install, but accidentally deleted those pics. No way I'm taking it back apart for some pics. lol. But here's a side shot:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.