Doc-Ram's R3 race build - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
AFM #723

Bike: 08R6, 16R3, 15R3, 07 150R
Re: Doc-Ram's R3 race build

Finished brake lines and pads, bodywork yesterday. Need to take pics.

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
AFM #723

This guy decided to be my guest yesterday in my backyard...spent the whole day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1464623135774.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	310481  
NugesR6 and The_Don46 like this.

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

post #23 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 08:31 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6
Yea, you can definitely carry more corner speed/brake way late with the smaller bikes, especially with long turns like thunderhill seems to have.

post #24 of 141 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
AFM #723

couple of pics of finished bodywork mounting....next up is 4 days at the track (june 6/7 and June 11/12), then bodywork will be off to paint

Took it for a test spin yesterday around the block...brakes are WOW...much better than my Ninja 250. Sadly, I forgot to tighten my left clipon...as soon as I braked hard, the clipon slipped forward almost making me crash
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now I'm left to wonder what else I didn't tighten well.....remains to be checked.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More pics to come soon...

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

post #25 of 141 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Mr. HER6

Bike: 08 R6, 15 Ninja300

Geez. That would have sucked to go down for something dumb like that!

BTW... Since it seems like everyone else is doing it, we're joining the little bike club. On my lunch break today I bought a Ninja 300 for Colleen. I can't wait to try it out on the track! Maybe we can even ride them together sometime soon. *cough*LagunaSecaAugust5th*cough*

post #26 of 141 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
AFM #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS OWN 6 View Post
Geez. That would have sucked to go down for something dumb like that!

BTW... Since it seems like everyone else is doing it, we're joining the little bike club. On my lunch break today I bought a Ninja 300 for Colleen. I can't wait to try it out on the track! Maybe we can even ride them together sometime soon. *cough*LagunaSecaAugust5th*cough*

Pics or

I maybe in Atlanta on Aug 5th
my Dad's visiting from India, so cant skip on that, even for a trackday,

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

post #27 of 141 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
AFM #723

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

post #28 of 141 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 Candy Red R6

damn Ram, that's a lot of shit you're putting into that bike... i like that last paint scheme you posted there. can't wait to see the final product.
ok, have fun and be safe out there buddy...

man, when i come back to the track next year, i'm gonna be playing catch up with you there.

post #29 of 141 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Mr. HER6

Bike: 08 R6, 15 Ninja300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
Pics or

I maybe in Atlanta on Aug 5th
my Dad's visiting from India, so cant skip on that, even for a trackday,
I'll get a pic up tomorrow. I couldn't bring it home today because I still haven't unloaded the R6s from this past weekend.

I guess that's a good excuse to not ride. I might be back up north later this year. Let's Ride is going to T-Hill on Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure yet if I will be able to go, but it's a possibility.

post #30 of 141 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
AFM #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_1972 View Post
damn Ram, that's a lot of shit you're putting into that bike... i like that last paint scheme you posted there. can't wait to see the final product.
ok, have fun and be safe out there buddy...

man, when i come back to the track next year, i'm gonna be playing catch up with you there.

....I'll still be slow man, but I'm trying to get faster. I can see it mentally now, just need to put it out on the track (like trail braking, lines, corner entry etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS OWN 6 View Post
I'll get a pic up tomorrow. I couldn't bring it home today because I still haven't unloaded the R6s from this past weekend.

I guess that's a good excuse to not ride. I might be back up north later this year. Let's Ride is going to T-Hill on Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure yet if I will be able to go, but it's a possibility.
Pics of R6 on truck or

Just checked my tickets, I'll be back on 3rd....I need to book at spot at Laguna with LetsRide.....just need to ask for another vacation day

AFM #723
2017 Sponsors:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.