Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

3rd-Geers 08 Build Thread - From Stock To...

111K views 1K replies 92 participants last post by  My94GT 
#1 · (Edited)
CURRENT STATUS!
Before you read the rest and see where I started, I figured I'd start the thread with the latest picture!

TRACK MODS LIST
2008 Yamaha R6

Performance
Ohlins 30 mm cartridge kit, Ohlins TTX shock, Carrozzeria Forged Aluminum Wheels, HM Annatori Quick Shifter, Power Commander III, MIVV Suono Carbon Fiber Slip-on, 08 headers with midpipe installed and ceramic coated, Agg Blockoff Plates, Fren Tubo Type 4 carbon fiber brake lines, Galfer rear wave rotor, Driven 520 kit (-1, +2) with EK chain, Pirellie Supercorsa SC tires

Safety
Woodcraft Clipons, Woodcraft Engine Covers, Driven Axle Block Slider, T-Rex Rear Spools, Woodcraft Frame Sliders, GPR V4 damper, ETI Tank Sliders

Extras
Bohemian rearsets, Renthal Racing Grips (medium compound), CRG shorty levers, Vortex V3 Gas Cap, 90 Degree Angled Aluminum Valve Stems, Techspec Tank Grip, Speedodrd

Track
Armour Bodies Track Glass

Decals
BullsEye Vinyl

THE WIFES BIKE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've been thinking about doing this for a while so here goes!!! I think it'll be nice for me to at least have a thread that I can look back through as my updates continue.

When I first bought the bike last year (with 0 miles) the first thing I did was kill that dragon tail and replace it with a fender elim and got the Clear Alternatives LED tail light. My wife got her second bike, 2010 kawi 250R. Tons of fun to ride!

Next was to kill the exhaust and go for the hotbodies megaphone. Love LOVED the look, because it was unique.

Saw some guys doing the Audi LED style lights, so this was my first "electronical" update. Took me some time, but I got it. Was nervous as hell cutting wires on my new baby!

Replaced the wings with Watsen Design LED Flush Mounted Signals. Also got Shogun Frame Sliders.

Added a GPR V4

CRG Levers and Rizoma Lux Grips...Grips felt odd at first, but I actually ended up really liking them a lot.

Puig Double Bubble Windscreen

Bought my wife a 2009 ZX6R. Sold the 250.

Got a Targa cowl....I really loved it! I also opted in for the clear Stompgrip...which later started to peal and was swapped out for black.

Then I was riding down the highway about a month later...hit a good bump and felt it come lose behind me.....reached back and it was gone!! This is what happens when concrete meets the Targa!

The company let me return the jacked up Targa, didn't have any left, so they sent me the OEM seat cowl. I didn't like it at first, but then realized....damn it looks sexier then the Targa! Then two bikes went off to get married and live happily ever after.

After doing some digging I ended up getting the Bohemian Rearsets

Jmejiaa helped me install the brake switch. Not that bad of an install.

And here she was with all of the current mods

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: 3rd-Geers 08 Build Thread - Frome Stock To...

THEN THE WINTER MODS BEGIN!!!

Purchased 2009 header with a midpipe then got it ceramic coated

Picked up a PC3

Got Fren Tubo type 3 lines in yellow…thought it would look good but YUCK…hated it. SOLD!

Picked up better looking Fren Tubos. Type 3 in green for my wife’s zx6 and type 4 for the 6.

Meanwhile the wife got her heal guards PC’d

Picked up the Bell Star DOD. Also picked up the Bell Photochromic Transitional Lense.

Got some sun and jmejiaa helped me install the Fren Tubos

Aggs Forum sock bumped me up an additional 5hp!

#4 ·

oh snap lookin good, wish i could get my girl freind to buy a bike(ive tried).
LOL, thanks man! My wife ACTUALLY got me in to riding....legally, lol. When I was young I had scooters, dirt bikes etc. She got her license before me and gave me the push.

#6 ·

Great pics/story.

Your bike is one of the ones I look for on here when I was looking into different colored rear sets. Then I saw you had great looking grips and saw in your sig what they were.

Is that a two bros on the kawi?

#7 ·

Great pics/story.

Your bike is one of the ones I look for on here when I was looking into different colored rear sets. Then I saw you had great looking grips and saw in your sig what they were.

Is that a two bros on the kawi?
Thanks man. Yup....the bike came with it. My wife loves it, so don't think it's going anywhere. TRUST ME...I tried to get her on a 6, but she was stuck on the green after having her 250. Her TB is pretty loud....to me I think it has a nice deep tone.

#11 ·

cool mayn...been checkin up on your mods to see what i can do next.great mods..keep it up!!
Thanks man! THE BIG ONE is coming tomorrow!!! Hope I'll be able to get pics of it tomorrow night...if not I'll post up Friday.

Awesome thread.. Looking good. The wife's bike looks sick too!!
Thanks man....you know all of my damn mods cause you're always helping me out hahaha. Next 2 weeks are gonna be fun!

#13 ·

Great how she is more lenient towards your addiction to modding. A lot of members I know of they have to have their stuff shipped to someone else's house, ask the wife before they order stuff, sneak around etc.

#17 ·

Nice Walt!! I put those brake lines to good use :fact Looking forward to future updates!
I'm glad you did man!! They look sick, but it's just gotta be on the right bike. Post pics of yours when it's all done!!!

Looks great. I have the same headers it looks like, funny because I was thinking about changing out my gytr slip on for a mega phone too.
Man...if you have a midpipe or full header, DO NOT get a megaphone. It's seriously as loud as a mack truck. The day I got my PC3 and Headers installed, I lasted about 1 mile and stopped. Gave me a headache.

Nice build thread, I always enjoy looking/reading these!
Thanks man...more to come soon!

#19 ·

I'm on the subway coming home and get a text....it's a pic of my wife sleeping with MY MIVV SUONO!!! It finally got here.....Don't ask...she'd kick my a-s if I ever posted that, lol.

Here are some pics I took with my iphone. Looks sexy as hell, and the sound is AWESOME!!

#21 ·

Thats just so $exy man :hump

Post a sound clip when you can :fact

I'm on the subway coming home and get a text....it's a pic of my wife sleeping with MY MIVV SUONO!!! It finally got here.....Don't ask...she'd kick my a-s if I ever posted that, lol.

Here are some pics I took with my iphone. Looks sexy as hell, and the sound is AWESOME!!

#20 ·

Figured I'd unveil the latest mod on this sick bike here.. Just went for a ride, a little chilly but it was awesome. Felt great to get out there and ride..

This exhaust sounds sick...Only thing wrong with this pic is the gas prices.

#22 ·

The price of living in NY :thumbdown, regular gas is $3.29 here in CO, premium is I believe $3.60

Figured I'd unveil the latest mod on this sick bike here.. Just went for a ride, a little chilly but it was awesome. Felt great to get out there and ride..

This exhaust sounds sick...Only thing wrong with this pic is the gas prices.

#25 ·

Very nice brotha!

Just wash her up before I come check you again! Wipe off all finger prints, bust out da qtips for the tight spots too!!

John, ima inspect yours too! :D
hahahahha and people say that IM PARTICULAR haha. Washing it tomorrow!!!

#29 ·

How do you like the transitional lens?
I only used it tonight, so I didn't get to use it in the sun yet. Tomorrow I'll know more when I head out after lunch. Clear is fine...thought I had a problem tonight but there was a lil mist on it. So far so good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.