Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

212K views 1K replies 183 participants last post by  ChiefSmokeDawg 
#1 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger after doing some reading and gathering information. I was a little nervous about doing the whole "ECU flash" thing but after hearing so many positive reviews and feed back from many members, I went ahead and shipped out my ECU.

From my understanding the following things are changed/removed:
-engine braking is reduced
-engine idle is raised
-radiator fans are set to come on at a lower temp
-fuel map is smoothed which leads to a butter smooth throttle
-EXUP CEL removed
- and some other OE restrictions

I've only had this thing on my bike for a day and I've only been able to "feel" the changes regarding to engine braking and the raised idle.

The reduced engine braking is tits. Coming to a stop or going into a corner and dropping gears before entering and still caring speed without the bike "braking" is just awesome. Makes everything sooooo much smoother.

I was worried about the raised idle regarding street riding and the bike heating up quicker at stop lights but I've found that with the lowered set temperature for the fans... The bike never hit more than 207F with ambient temps being around 80-85. It's a bit annoying to hear the bike idle at 2k at stop lights but well worth it. Now you simply release the clutch and the bike goes.....no more applying throttle lol.

As regards to the smoother throttle.... Milky tity smooth!!!!! I literally was able to ride with one hand in first gear and increase/decrease throttle without any twitchy-ness. With an OE ECU, this is impossible, all of you know how twitchy the throttle is in first gear.. The flash literally got rid of that issue.

I was able to ride home through the back roads and open her up a bit... AMAZING! She pulls hard through every gear and seems like she picks up power quick once you hit about 8k RPMs instead of 10k. I didn't open her up all the way as I was riding on public roads but I can't wait to hit the track in April with the new beast!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this upgrade. It's an easy upgrade at a great price. Most people gave me siht about doing this upgrade saying that it won't make me faster and blah blah blah.... An ECU Flash is not just a go fast upgrade.. It helps iron out rough spots that our bikes are known for. This is easily the best upgrade I've done to my bike.

I highly recommend it and I highly recommend Anthony from BAUCE RACING. This guy took hours converting my Bazzaz map to be compatible with the flash, he smoothed it out and listened to my concerns and explained everything, EVERYTHING to me. He applies all his knowledge into creating a true, workable and safe flash. I am positive that his experience with racing and his R&D go into every ECU he flashes. I truly believe that you get what you pay for and there's no exception to ECU flashing.

If you're concerned about the raised idle and If you have any concerns regarding engine longevity after an ECU flash.. .just contact Anthony and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer all your questions.

And last but not least.... He did not pay me or give me free swag to say all of thee above. I am simply stating my first impressions with this product.

See less See more
#246 ·
So I finally got home from out of town yesterday and first thing I did was drop my bags and put the ECU in and fired her up, man sounds a lot diff. Took a ride around which turned into almost an hour haha. Let me tell you this re-flash is straight up bad ass everything about the bike is awesome!! The throttle response and shifting feel so much smoother and it feels like the bike has unlocked power! I was opening it up shifting into 2 and the front end comes up just enough to be like man my shit hauls ass now!!! Can't wait to test it on the track!! Big thanks to Anthony I'm so glad I did this was deffinatly worth the wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#247 ·
There might as well be a standard message to plug in for this thread because I can't see anyone saying any different. You will go for a quick spin around the block and it will turn into an all out trip around town. :fact

Sorry for you cold weather guys that have put your bikes away for winter. Sucks to live where you do! :poke

Like a BAUCE!

#250 ·
Mines on its way back along with a another goodie. Thanks to Anthony for all of the help and hard work. I'm going to stalk UPS trucks waiting for it to hit the door.

#252 ·
you could be stalking for a while... my ECU came back via USPS... unless the lack of sleep is catching up to me?

:screwy

#259 ·
This!

#255 ·
I need to get mine done. But the wife isn't happy about it. Any suggestions?!

#257 ·
I wouldn't be a good one to take advice from. Hell I bought my R6 and didn't even tell the wife I was getting it until I was almost home. She really hates it. But I'm better at asking for forgiveness then for permission.

#261 ·
Got mine back today, and installed on the bike along with the new Leo slip on. Big thanks to Anthony for making it all happen. Just fired the bike up, and it sounds amazing. Haven't got to ride it yet, but hopefully Wednesday I will.

#262 ·
Got mine back today, and installed on the bike along with the new Leo slip on. Big thanks to Anthony for making it all happen. Just fired the bike up, and it sounds amazing. Haven't got to ride it yet, but hopefully Wednesday I will.

:cheers

Not sure if I posted these pics yet, but I will again if I did. I've got a local Rossi/FIAT R1 I been tuning, etc. This is how he brings the bike back 3 days after the flash!!

So bro, you got any tires you can throw on here for me? :lmao :lmao

Sure, no problem. We were riding and he busts out an impromptu 55 MPH rolling burnout on this limited edition bike and I'm like :eek5 I flanked him and was waving my hand in the smoke. That's an SC1 pirelli dragon rear BTW. :laugh Dude broke his leg and has a huge femur rod now, and this is how he rolls still. :nono "But now in A mode it's so responsive I just go like this (tiny throttle burp motion) and it stands up straight.. Like 11 o'clock bro!!" :lmao :lmao

:YEA

#263 ·
Nice!! So your about ready for mine now aren't you? :)

#266 ·
I can't wait. I'm giggling like a little school girl!!

#267 ·
You think you're giggling now, wait until you get it done.

Rode it for the first time today with the new BAUCE Racing flash, even if it was only 32 degrees outside. The bike is like a completely different bike. The bike performs amazing, and sounds amazing. I had a smile from ear to ear the whole time. Anthony is the man, and has really worked above and beyond to make this flash what it is today. I know I'm not speaking alone when I say that we here are all lucky to have him around hooking us up with his parts, knowledge, and dedication. So BIG thanks Anthony. I truly appreciate all that you do for us here.

Cliff notes: Yes another writeup about how amazing this flash is. How amazing Anthony/BAUCE racing is, and how we all appreciate all he does.

#271 ·
So earlier today I literally spent a hour talking to Anthony on the phone. He seems like one smart cookie!! I can't wait to see how my ecu turns out!!

#272 ·
Dude knows his stuff. You will be very impressed.

#273 ·
I got mine back from Chief as well. Still have to send my map to him so he can tune it first though, and my bike is torn apart so can't test it out yet

#274 ·
Just lemme know Ricky!

I'm workin off a separate email now so send to sales@bauce-racing.com now. The other one has too many postal and PayPal emails and Burried so many emails I missed. Went thru 35 pages of emails all night to try and get back to those I missed.

I apologize to the few who I overlooked!

#275 ·
i havent been able to ride it, much less get the parts put on the bike yet, hopefully next week if its 80 degrees again like christmas day haha

Gotta say Anthony def has it right, i plugged in my ecu, bike fired up instantly with a sweet and steady idle i had never witnessed on that bike before.
I let it warm up and revved it a few times, bike sounds 100% different, and the throttle feels way more 'solid' if thats a way to describe it.

cant wait to get her out on the track bro!

maybe its just cause i havent heard it in a few weeks, but the exhaust note is so crisp and smooth i used to always hate the idle on that bike since i hadnt tuned it but had the cat off.

#278 ·
#284 ·
Took you long enough to get on board...

Worth every God damn penny! :fact

#286 ·
You guys use one of those static proof bags when you shipped you're ecu?

#290 ·
It should be fine. I was just curious if you guys thought it would be worth it.

#291 ·
i would think that if you were shipping the actual circuit board from inside, you NEED to use the bag,
but because everything is nicely sealed on the ecu there is no need for it.

just wrap it up good in case the ups guys are tossing it around, even though itll be fine, mine has big chips and a crack down the middle, shipped it with no issue and it works with no issue.

#293 ·
I wasn't saying we did, I was just curious if it was a good idea. :cheers

#295 ·
I just gotta talk to ant and see when I can ship mine up there.

#296 ·
Ship it to him. Tell him after. Done. :cheers

Sent from my iPad 3

#300 ·
Nope... :laugh

Johnny- This mod is easily The best upgrade I've done To The track bike.. The gains are awesome! For The cost, there is no better upgrade... :fact

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.