Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Had a bad feeling about riding tonight..

4K views 32 replies 25 participants last post by  NeZbot 
#1 · (Edited)
Learned my lesson..

Saving up for advanced classes as of now!

#4 ·
Luckily, from what I gather(you posting) you're alright! That's really The most important thing...

In for the story though. It's cooling off in most areas, be careful out there fellas!

:cheers

#5 ·
sucks having bad feelings when out riding, i had one like 2 summers ago and one of the guys we were riding with smashed in the center median block from the side and bounced off of it a couple times...he was going around a sharp corner on the highway and cought some gravel so he had no other choice but to go straight and welcome the wall

#6 ·
#8 ·
You ok?

Pros of wrecking without injury is youll have fun and learn lots about youre bike just from having to fix it.

#12 ·
I was riding in the Carbon Canyon road in Chino Hills and I came to hot on a turn, let go off the throttle out of panic. I seen the dirt on the side I knew that's where I was going to end up. I tried leaning the bike up and braking but unfortunately it was too late. Bike hit and launched off I probably caught some air too
What a mess..

Only picture I took but Ill take some more later when I see the bike again but from what I seen on the bike at night was that the tail side broke, the right side all messed up, throttle is stuck and the front tire went flat

I had a bad feeling all day about riding I believe I had a dream the night before where I was sliding down the highway

So many mistakes I made though
I understand I should always be smooth with the throttle throughout the turn and look where you wanna go
But I panic and failed

#14 ·
Glad to see that you're alright.

I NEVER ride when I've "got a bad feeling".

I even had a day when I was ON the bike and ready to go to work... my boy (2 yrs old at the time) ran out the front door and said "daddy... NO WHITE BIKE!, take duh truck today". I got off my bike, took off my gear and drove to work. On my way to work... I got "lightly" rearended and later,almost got tboned by some dumb bish who ran a red light because she was texting. Had I been on the bike, the driver that reareded me may not have seen me at all and/or I wouldnt have taken so long to pull away from the green light and had enough time to watch the girl blow through a red light while texting. I probably wouldn't be here to tell you that its good that you're still around.

Listen to the subtle hints man. Most times they won't let you down.

Good luck with the rebuild.

#23 ·
Glad you're okay man. Sorry for the bike. :(

#24 ·
I crashed twice this weekend. My body is all banged up.

#25 ·
Dibs.. on the rearsets.. if you parting it out lol. just kidding bro.. glad you are ok!!!... like everyone else say its just a bike and they can be replaced... remember body parts cant be replace that easily.... there are 2 types of riders... those that already been down and those that are going down sooner or later... ^^...

#27 ·
if its over 60% of its market value, it will be totaled :(

My estimate for repairs for my previous 08 was ~$6500 and it was totaled. Isurance gave me an option of keeping it clean title and paying me $5000 and I fix it myself, or pay me $6500 after buyback with salvage title. I chose the salvage title route, coz it made more sense in terms of $$ in pocket.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.