Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Help with new jacket and boots

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Ridyn 
#1 ·
Well i am looking to upgrade my jacket and buy some boots this winter. They will be for street riding. The first is the jacket, i am looking for a perforated leather jacket. Right now i have an early 90's teknic leather jacket but it has no perforation, so its is unbearably hot, and the fact that its bright purple doesn't help. I have been looking and I pretty much have a narrowed down to 2:
teknic: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/teknic-chicane-leather-jacket
icon: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-overlord-leather-jacket
I am leaning more toward the teknic, but if you guys have any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.
The next is boots, im looking for something to be able to ride in but still be able to wear like normal after, like a 3/4 or full if they are able to be worn comfertabley around. The only issue is that i wear a 8,1/2 EE so i don't really know what boots come in extra wide sizes, i know alpine stars are to narrow. So if you guys could recommend some boots. Thanks

#7 ·
I ride an ICON Motorhead Jacket and I like it just fine. Not too sure about the failing when crashed though, I hadn't heard that. I find it very comfy and fits me well, but the ICON stuff does fit small. I normally where an XL jacket and I needed a 2XL in ICON.

I ride A* Boots, so not really much help there, sorry. Have you browsed the "buy and sell" portion of the forums for a jacket? You can grab some pretty sweet deals at times, if you are okay with used, just a thought. Good luck.

#8 ·
Are you near a Cycle Gear or similar store? I worry about fit just as much as I would about quality. You don't necessarily have to buy at the store (if you can find better prices online) but try them on in person to see what's better.

I've never heard any horror stories about Icon either.. :confused: but then again I'm pretty new to this forum.

#11 ·
I think if the guy likes it, and it's what fits his budget, then who cares what people think. Not everyone can afford the top end gear all the time. If you wanna judge a guy, do it by his riding skills, not by what he's wearing.

Now if it's the Beiber-style gear and bike with minimal ability to ride, I agree........total squid :cheers

#10 ·
go Teknic

i have an icon jacket, they overprice. quality stuff nonetheless, and if you ever need a helmet, never go icon.. :nono

#13 ·
First person i've seen in a while say a* has good quality lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.