Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

motodynamics/ FE install on my 11' Raven

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  r6_11b 
#1 ·
After alot of consideration I got this fender eiminator off of ebay. IMO this this the cleanest looking one out there and you can't beat it for $35 shipped. Comes with hardware that is powdercoated black, and a very nice led tag light. The big thing that I liked is the fact that it completly fills the hole in the tail so no water/ junk will get in.

#5 ·
Motodynamics vs stock light. I got the smoked becasue I think it goes well with my colors. Overall I am very happy with the motodynamics, it is as bright if not brighter than stock. The 3 flash feature is my favorite part, It definetly attract attention to other drivers. The only complaint I have with the tailight, There is a small gap on each side of the tailight when installed. At first I could really notice is becasause I had the upper tail off of the bike and I could see light through the gap, but When the tail is on you don't notice it at all. I'm not sure why they didn't make it exactly stock size but oh well.

Attachments

#6 ·
Here she is all done! Over all it probably took me 2 hours but I was taking my time. This was my first time getting in and working on the bike since I got it. I'm not sure what I am going to do about the front signals, I don't want flushmonts because IMO drivers can't see them enough. I may just smoke the lenses to match the rear light.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Looks great. I would recommend proton flushmounts, very bright, a running light too. They stick out a bit, but not ugly at all and they are brighter than stock. I can Send you pics of them on my 06if you want to see how they look.

Just a thought, nice ride though man.

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks, yeah the protons are VERY visible from the front. I did a lot of research before I bought them. The other thing I like is that they are a running light (stay on once the bike is on) as well, just like the stock ones, so you get a bit of constant visibility as well. You can select different modes of flashing when you install them as well. I think they are brighter, or at least more noticable than the stock ones, and they look so much better. They are more expensive than a set from ebay or soemthing, but you get what you pay for and these are a high quality turn signal. If you do a search throughout the forums you'll see a lot of discussion about them.

They are very easy to install (unlike the tail light.....lol). It took me about 2 beer to do the whole thing and that was taking my time (got them for Christmas and istalled them a couple days later). There is a great "how-to" in the forums here. The worst part is pulling off the plastics.

Your bike is looking sweet BTW. I think the tail light and the turn signals are the biggest changes to these bikes for looks you can do. The protons are great looking and work very well, providing high visibility. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.