Power Commander Question - How big is the difference? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
2008 R6

Power Commander Question - How big is the difference?

I'm just curious to know...how much of a difference does a power commander make? I have a 2008 R6, and earlier this week I was talking to some random guy at a bike meet that says it's like riding a completely different bike.

Is this the case? Does it take other mod's to really make the power commander such a big difference, or could it literally make a huge difference from even a stock bike?

Thanks in advance 6'ers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Custom User Title

Bike: Built 08 r6 race bike
Send a message via AIM to Daredevil
Re: Power Commander Question - How big is the difference?

its not about the power

its about the smoothness

and yes, a pcii and a dyno tune will make a difference. i wouldn't bother until you hvae supporting mods tho, no need to go get a dyno tune only to have to redo it with every engine mod you put on

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Riding his own ride...

a powercommander ensures the air to fuel mixture in the engine is correct. in stock trim it's very good already. When you add an exhaust, air filter, intake, etc you mess up the air to fuel ratio and the powercommander corrects that so it's a big gain then. How large of a difference a powercommander will make depends on if your air to fuel ratio is off and by how much. If you still have a stock bike then I wouldn't bother.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
2008 R6

Thanks for the info guys. Really appreciate it. Right now I only have a slip-on sonprobanly won't make that much of a difference. This was my first season riding a sport bike so I only went for appearance mods. Next season I'll focus on performance and go with the PC, air filter, headers etc.

Thanks again for the information guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.