Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

High pitched squeaking?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jackedup17 
#1 ·
I went on a ride yesterday in the mountains with a friend and this was her first real ride. We stopped at a lookout and she wanted a pic sitting on the bike, so as she goes to get on it she tips it over...:(

Well I pick it up and check it out for any serious damage but she checks out besides a little scratch on my tank. I start it and it idles fine still so were fine. We start to leave and as I give it a little gas as I drop the clutch it starts squeaking..:confused:

It doesn't do it at idle or if I'm in a high gear and roll on the throttle but it does once I'm out of the hole. But if I rev it, it squeaks and it squeaks while riding regular and the squeak speeds up with the rpms.

Asked a guy with a bike I ran into at a gas station on the way home for his opinion and he was sure it was an exhaust leak. But I've taken off the headers and checked for any cracks and put them back on VERY snug and it still does it... So I come here for an answer. Any insight would be very appreciated.

EDIT: It is coming from the front left of the engine compartment but the bike fell over to the right.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thats weird man...is the clutch cover damaged at all?...the only thing that comes to mind that it could be that would increase frequency with RPM would be clutch...

But you said its coming from front left...thats not clutch side...

Im at a loss on this one...

Bump for an answer and subscribed

Good luck bro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.