Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Sportbike Track Gear - A day out

5K views 60 replies 36 participants last post by  S3aturnR 
#1 ·
So when you're unemployed and your boyfriend works odd hours, you have a lot of time on your hands. Sportbike track gear (http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/StoreFront.bok) is located near us and has a little show room. So, having a lot of time, we went to visit.

First, need to fuel up! Best chili cheese fries evar!

After an hour and 20 minutes of driving:

They have a tiny little store:

But they let us in the back where we stood in awe for a while:

Apparently it was beer-thirty. They offered us one, too!

These are a pair of Knox handroids after an 80 mph high side. This is the worst bit of damage i could find. They looked in really good shape!

Interesting cut-away of a Shark helmet. The brown insert is where the top of your head is. A lot of padding in a helmet!

And I walked away with a new pair of Held Phantoms for $180! I thought it was a steal.

The guy there was EXTREMELY nice and knowledgeable. We just hung out and talked to the guy for a good 20 minutes about gear, types he recommended, etc. I would definitely recommend this company for anyone looking for some good gear at good prices.

See less See more
#6 ·
all those sights look VERY familiar to me. i find myself in that store several times a year and somehow, they usually trick me into going into the back room. what a great group of people. very helpful, very knowledgeable. those gloves are one of the best deals in there, if you can find them in your size.

but, i gotta know; where did you stop to get those chili fries?!

s3aturnr

#7 ·
those gloves are one of the best deals in there, if you can find them in your size.

but, i gotta know; where did you stop to get those chili fries?!

s3aturnr
Gloves fit me perfectly! So I couldnt resist nabbing them since I got my last paycheck from my old job.

Chili cheese fries are from Zingermans Roadhouse in Ann Arbor. They're, seriously, the best chili cheese fries ever.

#13 ·
Call 'em up, I'm sure they'd give even better prices.

Damn nice. 180 is sicckk. And they were brand new???

How is the sizing compared to other gloves. I always read those are d'shizznit.

Im actually waiting for mine. :sing
Yep! Brand new! I'll have to wear em around the house to break them in.

#16 ·
Awesome Nancy! They are great people, purchase all the wives gear from them without a hiccup.

#29 ·
Nice pickup.

#31 ·
I have wanted to go there for a while now. Next time the GF wants to go the great lakes crossing we will have to venture over there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.