Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

So you wanna get a sportbike?

100K views 376 replies 201 participants last post by  skermac 
#1 ·
Good reading for all the new people we are bound to get this season...

See less See more
#54 ·
So how "non-noob" are you? :popcorn:
I was making a joke, I dont need ur opinion nor criticism. Thanks

Adriel Araiza
Red 2007 r6
Wanna kill the tag on your posts?

So my 2012 R6 is my first bike, I used to work at a dealership and I had rode almost every bike on the US market, but of course that was all in parking lots and quick test rides, I immediately used some of my financing to buy gear to be protected but what has saved my life about a dozen times on california rods was the MSF course I took. Without being taught in course how to react to being cut off, I dont think I would be alive to type this message today. Thanks to the course I can ride rather safe but still thrill seeking as most who purchase an R6 are. This is my first day on forum but I just wanted to ask about performance upgrades and what you think of them, which are good, which are not.

Thanks
Experience is a great performance upgrade.

#22 ·
Nice!

#24 ·
Great read. Even though I didn't.

#25 ·
My first bike was a 2 Cylinder 1985 Honda rebel 250.
My second was a 2 Cylinder 2005 Buell Blast 500.
Now I'm on my R6. I'll be sending this out to my noob buddies, too.

PS. I love this part: "Going fast in a straight line takes no skill, and cruising past the mall in a wifebeater and sandals takes even less."
:lmao

#26 ·
This should def be a sticky, at least November-March when bikes are cheap and everyone thinks they should buy an r1 lol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.