Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

My First Track Day - A Video

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TWOtheONE 
#1 ·
Here's a video and report from my first track day a few weeks ago ...

--- Start ---

All,

Well, we took Toyman's 40-foot "rock star bus" to the track on Friday night and slept in the paddock area. Was super to be able to go in style. All the creature comforts ... and he made me lunch .

It rained ALL night ... and when we woke in the morning, it didn't look good. But, the rain stopped and the track dried. The "A" group was out by 09:15.

QuickNez, SportinR1, Lizzi, and Gixxer7Fool were in the "B" group with me. It was super. I spent all morning chasing Lizzi and not catching her.

The backside of the Summit Point Jennings Circuit has a stretch of about 4 corners (called the carousel) that was particularly slippery in the morning. Rumor is that a police training school put peanut oil on the track to practice cornering in slippery conditions there ... and that's why it's so bad.

It was pretty nasty. In my first session I was all over the place through there. But, by Noon the asphalt in that section of the track turned from a dark black color to gray ... and it was nice. I could cruise right through.

We got 5 sessions in before the rain came. That was good for me. I was riding really hard and was pretty much worn out. Man, I gotta get to the gym.

Only 3 wrecks all day in our "B" group ... all lowsides ... all riders walked away.

See you on the high ground ... super day!

Here's a video ...

HI RES (58 MB) (FAST):

http://spike13.com/stlarvideos/SummitJ

See less See more
#6 ·
Ahhhh....i remember my first track day. That was the beginning of the end to my street riding days. I think my face hurt the most from smiling so much.

Glad you had fun...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.