Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Mac7504's 08 "R" LE Dyno

3K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  Mac7504 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Fellas,

A few of you may already know, but I finally got the 08 “R” dyno’d on Friday!!!! I was outta town so didn’t get a chance to post it earlier.

I know, I know; I’ve heard from many people already that my piece of paper means nothing and yada yada…I truly wasn’t overly concerned with HP/TQ figures, I just wanted a nice clean map, and, now, that’s just what I have.

Didn’t get to rider her a whole bunch yet, only the rider home from the shop (30miles), half of which in traffic. She really wants to pull, and is much more smooth down low; up top she wants more, I haven’t given it to her, yet. : ))

My tuner was surprised that it took 9 pulls to reach baseline, it’s higher than what he typically experiences, but mentioned every bikes different and such and such. He also didn’t like trying to tune with the AFM, mentioned that it is difficult to keep certain throttle positions due to the “fly by wire”. (I believe this was only in the very low rpm’s).

Anyway, if you like looking at graphs, enjoy.

Thoughts?

Oh, here is a tip: make sure you have enough gas to compete a dyno!!! LMAO.

As I was leaving the shop, I remembered I didn’t have much gas left; had to turn around to pick up a gas can from Attack (bike already strapped), head to the gas station, than back to the shop, and back in the home direction. Sigh, this was after missing my exit, getting lost, and making it to the shop late!!! Sigh, gain, and LMAO.

Big thanks to Dan at Attack Performance for meeting my deadline, even after being late (typical me). Got my baseline suspension dialed in too (different thread).

Cliffs: Got the bike dyno’d, A/F is now flat and smooth (this was with, and after AFM tunes).
Took 9 pulls for baseline
Spit from 110 to 114, almost 4 whole hp…lol.
Have a full tank when dynoing…
My butt itches, and I took a shower…
Bolt ons: GYTR slip on, M4 mid, Agg plates, BMC street filter, Bazzaz.
Was just told redline is only 15750..(sad face).

See less See more
#15 ·
DAMN!!!!!!! I wouldn't even ride that..hahah jk.

Dunno, my readout was a (street-based) afm tune, the autotune should help out, but not the entire answer imo. It's really hard to get a good tune on the street. By the time I got up at the RPM I needed, I ran out of road.

Also, it's taking reading all the time it takes to get up to that road, so it's important to be smooth on the throttle or the map a/f will start to get choppy, no???

WAIT: just remembered the autotune makes changes on the fly; you might be good to go.

#31 ·
:popcorn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.