Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

bauce racing and woodcraft review.

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  mgossel 
#1 · (Edited)
so as ya'll may know Anthony aka chiefsmokedawg now is a vendor for woodcraft and leo vince. the customer service from bauce racing is top notch, so are the prices :secret. I ordered some woodcraft frame sliders and clipons and they arrived very fast. if you're in the market for sliders, exhaust, or other woodcraft stuff hit up chief and you wont be disappointed :fact

i opened the sliders first. upon first look the mounts look and feel very solid. i dont believe they will break easily at all :flex:. you will need a 8mm allen to put the sliders on, its not like the 12mm bolt that was originally there. a little blue loctite and torqued to 35ft lbs and they are on. Then line up the puck and mark the fairing where it needs to be cut. The easiest way to cut them is with a hole saw, i used a 2.5in. i lined up the pucks so the holding screw was horizontal with the head of the screw facing the tail. word of advise, the edges of that screw are sharp. they are easy to install even with the cutting. i would def recommend these sliders if you dont have any.

the clipons are nice and came with all the mounting hardware needed. i ran into a few problems getting them set. they sit further forward on the fork tubes so a few clearance issues popped up. first the brake line from the mc to the resevoire was to short. second the front brake lever would hit the back of the light housing. third the throttle cables would hit the little black fairing piece. All the issues depend on how you like the clipon positioned, after some more adjusting i got them where i liked them with no clearance issues. they are easy to put on and even easier to adjust them.

ill add pics when they are done uploading.

so overall im happy with the sliders and clipons. bauce raing is also the best, you cant find better prices. only downside is i didnt get a cool bauce racing decal :( so chief hook me up with one lol

See less See more
#2 ·
I just ordered clipons from Anthony as well, he shipped them out to me about 30 mins later!!! Talk about great customer service and products! The prices he has are pretty unbeatable too! On top of that, I asked about grips to go with my new clipons, and being the great guy that he is, offered to include his spare grips with my order! That in itself says a lot about his character and customer appreciation...

:cheers to one of many fantastic Vendors we have here!

We truly have an outstanding group of people who make up this forum, vendors and members alike!

Can't wait to get my clipons and get them installed!

BAUCE RACING!!!

With the help of Anthony @ BAUCE Racing, John @ Lawless Motorsports, and Justin @ AGG Racing my track build has been a flawless transformation!

:cheers to all these outstanding vendors!

#4 ·
:fact:fact:fact:fact we have some of the best vendors and members of any forum ive ever seen and im a member of over 30 forums. the r6 fam is awesome for sure
Bauce racing stickers are sick :fact.
i know. i dug thru 5lbs of packing peanuts looking for it before i even looked at the sliders or clip ons. lol

#3 ·
so as ya'll may know Anthony aka chiefsmokedawg now is a vendor for woodcraft and leo vince. the customer service from bauce racing is top notch, so are the prices :secret. I ordered some woodcraft frame sliders and clipons and they arrived very fast. if you're in the market for sliders, exhaust, or other woodcraft stuff hit up chief and you wont be disappointed :fact

i opened the sliders first. upon first look the mounts look and feel very solid. i dont believe they will break easily at all :flex:. you will need a 8mm allen to put the sliders on, its not like the 12mm bolt that was originally there. a little blue loctite and torqued to 35ft lbs and they are on. Then line up the puck and mark the fairing where it needs to be cut. The easiest way to cut them is with a hole saw, i used a 2.5in. i lined up the pucks so the holding screw was horizontal with the head of the screw facing the tail. word of advise, the edges of that screw are sharp. they are easy to install even with the cutting. i would def recommend these sliders if you dont have any.

the clipons are nice and came with all the mounting hardware needed. i ran into a few problems getting them set. they sit further forward on the fork tubes so a few clearance issues popped up. first the brake line from the mc to the resevoire was to short. second the front brake lever would hit the back of the light housing. third the throttle cables would hit the little black fairing piece. All the issues depend on how you like the clipon positioned, after some more adjusting i got them where i liked them with no clearance issues. they are easy to put on and even easier to adjust them.

ill add pics when they are done uploading.

so overall im happy with the sliders and clipons. bauce raing is also the best, you cant find better prices. only downside is i didnt get a cool bauce racing decal :( so chief hook me up with one lol

Bauce racing stickers are sick :fact.

#6 ·
Sweet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.