Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

What is high pitched muffler?

10K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  Glock21sf_Saiga12 
#1 ·
Hi there.
I am looking for a muffler which makes sound like F1, the high pitched sound.
I am not saying the loud sound but just like high tone like Ferrari.
I know bike engine can't make sound like that but if it is similar to it, that's fine.
Some people recommended the TOCE and Leo Vince. Do they really make sound like that? And Is there Toce full system(not slip-on) for R6?

Thank you!

Jeremy

#7 ·
You can try a basball card in your spokes, that might work.

#19 ·
OP - Just pop a V8 or V10 in there that spins at least 17,000 RPM and you're all set. No need for exhaust.

The "pitch" comes fro the number of cylinders, the sequence they fire in, and how often they fire. I understand the desire, nothing wails like a F1 engine, nothing. That's why I want a McLaren F1 to drive to work, but that's not going to happen, so I settle for a R6:), which doesn't suck:).

#26 ·
:fact

The full titanium Leo Corsa system is as close to that sound as you'll get! Check out any of Billy's onboard videos or mine. You hear the leo screaming around the track and it separates it from the rest. Very easily audible and high pitched racey sound that I can't get enough of. ALL Ti really lets you hear the motor's true sound the best.

The aluminum cans have a deeper note with the stainless header, and the CF silencer systems have a raspier kinda crackle of awesome!

Seriously though, I have not heard anything higher pitched and close to an F1 car than the new Corsa system. The old Corsa didn't even scream like the new one depite having a smaller silencer on it!

#29 ·
:bowroll

#30 ·
Dont use a large slip on. Use a shorty or cut it off at the midpipe and pop a short cover on. Deeper sound at idle but once you get the RPM's up there, its loud and sounds like an f1.:YEA

#31 ·
I use a fake vagina as a slip on. It screams at high RPM, but kinda stinks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.