Thud sound in the engine & some minor query - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Exclamation Thud sound in the engine & some minor query

Hey, im rinding a R6 2012. been riding this beauty for about 9 months.

When i'm on my main stand, i clutch in, and kick on the gear one, my rear wheel spins like hell. Its like as good as im not clutching in. Is there something wrong with my clutch free play settings? I've adjusted my biting point to be very far also it doesnt help.

Next while riding or even on the main stand - When its on a low gear and CLUTCHED IN when I rev a little bit, in my engine i can hear this loud CLICK sound: "CLOCK" rev again, "CLOCK". Within the bike you can feel that something inside is going forth knocking and returning. I really don't know how to explain. But whats that?

Bike is about 10k mileage. Engine oil changed 3 times yamalube, amsoil mcf 10w40.

Lastly i think that AMSOIL MCF 10w40 is kinda too thin for a hot beast like r6. My mech recommended AGIP 10w60. Im in an asian tropical weather country.

Last edited by moombaz; 11-21-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 06:56 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes
Re: Thud sound in the engine & some minor query

nothing wrong with 10/40. no way.. no how. even in the heat. I live in Florida, and only race. No street. We use nothing but 10/40 and some run even lighter weights with the idea it can free up horsepower.

no idea about the trans. It isn't uncommon for the rear wheel to spin a bit with the clutch in when you drop the bike into gear and it's up on a stand. It's not uncommon for the bike to make a pretty good "clunk' when you drop it into 1st gear from neutral idle either.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
www.facebook.com/greg.melka.1
My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Not too sure about that knocking sound in the engine, but for your clutch lever free play, you should have about a nickel or quarters worth of freeplay inbetween the lever and perch.

Chris
08 Track R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Hi Melk-Man, Its not the 'clunk' sound when I kick on the first gear. Its a 'clunk' sound when I am already in first gear clutched in and while the bike rolling (say stopping on a red light) and REV my throttle a little bit. "clunk"!. then in the engine or sprox or somewhere down below u can feel that something moving hit onto somthing then return back.

hi watsup, you mean when your bike is on the main stand and on 1st gear clutched in your wheel wont spin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.