riding below 40 degrees - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Ride Blue

Re: riding below 40 degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
Latex also let's you slide in easier.......

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

I see what you did there..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Life is best beyond 10k

Bike: 2008 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_350z View Post
heated gloves seems like the only solution....sounds weird but one thing that i found out that helps is putting lotion on your hands a few minutes before you head out..rode out in the cold(about 35) and when i got done with my commute my hands were cracked and bloody cus of the cold(gp tech do not keep you hands warm lol) put lotion on before my next ride and it didnt happen..hands got a little cold but nothing bad like before...idk maybe this just works for me

i have heated gloves now so f you winter
Winter riding is all about keeping your hands warm when you ride a sportbike. Jackets, layers and tucking behind the windscreen all helps with your core. Sort of the same with your feet (except the windscreen part). But your hands are vital for control of the bike. They're also the most exposed. I can deal with any part of me being cold. But cold hands ruin a ride and make it impossible when the temps are below 40.

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMeanGreenMachine View Post
Winter riding is all about keeping your hands warm when you ride a sportbike. Jackets, layers and tucking behind the windscreen all helps with your core. Sort of the same with your feet (except the windscreen part). But your hands are vital for control of the bike. They're also the most exposed. I can deal with any part of me being cold. But cold hands ruin a ride and make it impossible when the temps are below 40.
see i was the opposite my hands get cold and it doesnt bother me but i cant have my upper body cold that kills me, which is why i wear layer after layer...if it wasnt for my hands getting all cut up i wouldnt have bought heated gloves...my body is weird lol

2009 Orange R6 Sold

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Sherman Connoisseur

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

I've ridden in the 20's before going to work in the morning. Got two baraclavas on...thermal, tshirt, thermal, hoodie, leather jacket. That makes my body decently warm, well barely, but only have the Knox Handroid for gloves. Hands are frozen and numb just after 5 min of riding. And it takes me 25 min to get to work.

Will have to try the latex glove thing.

Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.