Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Commuting to work or school on your Bike

5K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  oizarod115 
#1 ·

Saw a guy on the Interstate today with the cool Carbon backpack. Got to thinking.

For those who use their bike as primary transportation.... Yes some of us don't have cars.

Do you back pack ? Tank Bag ? or just walk around in our boots and gear all day.

What do you guys use to carry your daily essentials... lunch, sneakers, laptop etc?

#43 ·
i commute to downtown atl for school 5 days a week, 70 mile round trip, lucky for bikers the new express toll lane is free for bikers and after that ends it turns into an HOV so i try to ride as much as possible to save $$$.

i bought a new laptop (threw out my vintage 2007 dell) for a 14" lightweight ASUS unit, saved 3 lbs, and i rarely carry books, only notebooks. o

as far as gear im riding in Joe Rocket textile pants/jacket on cold days, A* leather jacket when warm, stuff the pants in my backpack and suffer through carrying around the jacket. Wear 8" leather workboots all year round so i just ride in those

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.