Tire Warmers?? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Keep Sliding
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 52
Bike: R6 Trackbike
Tire Warmers??

Since i got my track bike few weeks ago im slowly picking up few extra bits that i will need, Next thing now is trying to pick up a set of tire warmers,

Im just looking for advice on what Brand of warmers to pick up, I only plan on doing track days so dont wanna spend massive money but at the same time....buy cheap buy twice

Let me know what ye think
Dossy600 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM
My Power band is blue
 
NorthShoreR6S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,341
Bike: 2009 sold,2008 R6 pink
Talk to chief at BAUCE racing. He is Chiefsmokedawg on here. He will set you up with the best option for the best deal.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

I need a new sig, Can someone make me one please?
NorthShoreR6S is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Keep Sliding
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 52
Bike: R6 Trackbike
Re: Tire Warmers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthShoreR6S View Post
Talk to chief at BAUCE racing. He is Chiefsmokedawg on here. He will set you up with the best option for the best deal.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Cheers mate
Dossy600 is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 09:36 AM
When in doubtThrottle out
 
mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,838
Bike: Always Under Construction
Re: Tire Warmers??

Woodcraft from Chief are definitely a good set for a good price.

If you aren't looking to spend a lot on a set of warmers for general trackday use, I've seen people getting good use out of MJ Moto warmers.

2009 YZF-R6
2010 Ninja 250

MCRA/CCS#81


Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorv
I was wrong.
Quote taken 7-16-15 @ 0640CDT
mercenary is online now  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM
I eat my R6
 
maddagascar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6,006
I'm currently running Woodcrafts on a set of Bstone R10's. They are awesome and i love the quick disconnect cord feature. It even comes in a cool little duffle bag.

Some other members i know run IRC and some even have Cap-It warmers.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
maddagascar is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 10:04 AM
track junkie
 
S3aturnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 2,165
Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Tire Warmers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dossy600 View Post
Since i got my track bike few weeks ago im slowly picking up few extra bits that i will need, Next thing now is trying to pick up a set of tire warmers,

Im just looking for advice on what Brand of warmers to pick up, I only plan on doing track days so dont wanna spend massive money but at the same time....buy cheap buy twice

Let me know what ye think
moto-d warmers. $200, which includes insurance in case you burn up a set within the first 2 years, they will replace 1 time for free.

can't beat that deal and the warmers are decent. i've used a set all season (after i burned a set up by not paying attention and got them replaced).


s3aturnr

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
S3aturnR is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,005
Bike: 2014 Grom
Re: Tire Warmers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
moto-d warmers. $200, which includes insurance in case you burn up a set within the first 2 years, they will replace 1 time for free.

can't beat that deal and the warmers are decent. i've used a set all season (after i burned a set up by not paying attention and got them replaced).


s3aturnr
Agreed. You can also search on forums like weraclassifieds.com for a used set of Chicken Hawx or other brands.



CMRA #620
Wreck It Pandas #68

My 2008 R6 race build

babymilo36 is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 11:47 AM
I have 2 belly buttons.
 
shad0ws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central VA
Posts: 1,946
Bike: '09 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddagascar View Post
I'm currently running Woodcrafts on a set of Bstone R10's. They are awesome and i love the quick disconnect cord feature. It even comes in a cool little duffle bag.

Some other members i know run IRC and some even have Cap-It warmers.



Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
I paid for the badass bag and got the warmers free.


Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App

shad0ws is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 11:48 AM
I eat my R6
 
Renodezrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Reno
Posts: 581
Re: Tire Warmers??

Woodcarft tire warmers buy em once and be done with it!
Renodezrat is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Keep Sliding
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 52
Bike: R6 Trackbike
Re: Tire Warmers??

Are these any good?
DMP DIGITAL SLINGSHOT TIRE WARMERS
Dossy600 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woodcraft Dual Temp tire warmers all stocked up! Best warmers in the business SportbikeTrackGear Sportbike Track Gear 4 12-13-2011 10:11 AM
Tire baker tire warmers F/s FRO Bikes Parts For Sale 5 06-02-2011 07:58 PM
Tire warmers review (what warmers are you using?) Noleman Product Reviews 13 12-21-2010 10:02 AM
$120 Tire Warmers 8Ball Product Reviews 17 10-24-2010 09:56 PM
WTB Tire warmers Trace18101 Bikes Parts For Sale 5 07-09-2008 05:19 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome