Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

50th anniv le

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Thunderdawg 
#1 ·
dunno if im right or not but the 50th anniv le yellow r6/r1 is for yammy being around 50 yrs but..............i have a 35th anniv mustang gt for the 35th year of the mustang being out so i was just thinkin shouldnt it be the same for the r6/r1?to me it doesnt seem that theyre 50th anniv but really 8th year anniv............................

#3 ·
#4 ·
OH I see what you're getting at. I didn't even think about it that way. Either way, I always understood it as Yamaha celebrating 50 yrs of being a company/building and designing motorcycles.

If you think about it, it's pretty cool to have a bike at the half century mark. Well, I do. Maybe that's why I'll have one in the garage in a few wks snick snick :)

#6 ·
heh,50 years yes but not 50 years of the r6/r1..............just never seen anything "anniversary" that started with a totally different product thats all
but if u wanna call road bikes and dirtbikes the same thing so be it i guess ,then u have your 50th anniv..............

#10 ·
anyone checked out the LE's on eBay. I thought these things would bring a premium but about mid-16k is about all anyone is willing to part with. interesting.

how about a 38th anniversary DT-1. that would satisfy your criteria, right?
(BTW I had a '68 DT-1.....frame #201...painted it like a bumble bee)

#12 ·
:hatchet well aware and yes I have seen a 50th anni up there but I am talking about LE's here. the reserve'sbuy it nows are any where from like 18 five to 21k. again....looks like about mid 16k is what the market is bearing right now and I thought 25k would be easy pickins for these. again...interesting and maybe a bargaining chip if this trend continues? :hatchet

#13 ·
My bad, haven't really checked the listings, I just assumed. I stand corrected. I didn't realize that any had delivered yet because our local dealer here is expecting one and has yet to receive. At this point he's not even planning on selling it, reserving it for display. He only managed to get number 498 out of the 500, all others were already spoken for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.