Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why Doesn't The R6 get no love

18K views 305 replies 48 participants last post by  GIJoe007 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I own a 2009 R6 raven. Just curious why our bikes don't seem to get much love in the motorcycle forums. All I hear is:
- poor Ergos
- high seat height
- bike only for track junkies
- no low end power
- twitchy throttle
- hardest of the Japanese 600's to ride
- etc, etc, etc

Actually tired of it. One reason I like the R6 is , in my parts it's not common, as everyone and their brother has a gixxer

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
Well, I own a 2009 R6 raven. Just curious why our bikes don't seem to get much love in the motorcycle forums. All I hear is:
- poor Eros
- high seat height
- no low end power
- twitchy throttle
- etc, etc, etc

Actually tired of it. One reason I like the R6 is , in my parts it's not common, as everyone and their brother has a gixxer
well, because pretty much all those statements are true. why anyone would actually ride one of these bikes only on the street is beyond my comprehension. well, i do understand that some of you fools have problems getting laid and/or self-esteem issues, so i guess that sorta sums it up for all those that have an r6 and never track it. hmmm...

s3aturnr

#7 · (Edited)
i dont track my 6 and i find it comfy on the streets ride it daily and still wouldnt trade it for any other bike
I also commute daily on my 09....and I'm coming straight from commuting on an 08 CBR 600 RR. Both bikes are comfortable and yes although the RR was more comfortable and torquey than the R6, neither is "uncomfortable"? :eek: I think the complaints come from dudes who are like 5"7 and shorter and/or just picked up an R6 as a first bike (and have no fuggin clue how to ride/body position)...

No self-esteem issues here and I get laid more than the average bear, bike or no bike ;)

although I must say.....the gold on meh rims make dem bishes go cray cray

#5 ·
i dont track my 6 and i find it comfy on the streets ride it daily and still wouldnt trade it for any other bike

#8 ·
^^^^^^
What they said.

I used to ride an 03 R6 (from new) on the street, then had an 04 R6 for the track. I bought my current 08 R6 specifically for a race bike, and after the first day I had it out, my first impression was,

"Wow, this bike is F'n fantastic!"

My 2nd was,

"How in the hell could somebody enjoy riding this on the street?"

That's not an exaggeration either. I literally said those exact words to a few people at the track when asked how I liked the new bike.

I actually think an R6 would get me in more trouble on the streets than my R1 though. They're meant for one thing. Going fast..

#28 ·
+1, I just bought this bike as a track bike, and the first time I sat on it I was like WTF! For the track, great, for the street, OMG this is terrible. Same goes for the Daytona 675's, to me by far, the worst seating position ever but the R6 is not far behind it.

#13 ·
- poor Eros
- high seat height
- no low end power
- twitchy throttle
- etc, etc, etc

I commute everyday on my 2007 R6 and haven't tracked it (yet). But, I don't particularly mind anything about the R6 on the streets, I ride for hours at a time with little to no discomfort. The seat height is a bit bothersome, but not enough where its a pain to hold up or anything. No low end power just means you get to have fun reving out a bit more, and a twitchy throttle makes it a BLAST to ride :YEA .

Not to mention the aesthetics :jerkit.

#14 ·
As someone who tracked, street rode and commuted the r6, I would agree with S3aturnR, its a track bike and you probably bang dudes.

And I love it when people who have never tracked their bike talk about body position like they know shit. Or even the average track day rider.... What a stupid, bullshit topic. The right body position is the one that makes you fastest, most comfortably, and its different for everyone. Similarities exist, but body position isnt the key to being fast or being able to control your bike effectively.

This guy... horrible body position. Probably a slow guy, right? Couldn't have been arguably the greatest, most dominant champion in MotoGP with 5 straight championships to his name, right? Nope, because his body position was all wrong..... un huh...

Talking out your ass only means that your breath is going to stink and the only thing coming out is shit. ;)

#20 ·
I love your posts. :laugh

#17 ·
s3aturnr is pretty dead on here. I can honestly say there's no shot I would have an r6 for street riding only. I can understand maybe double duty track and street if your budget doesn't allow for a delicated track bike. And to me I'm perfect height and weight for the 6 and still is no where near as comfortable on the street as ANY other super sport. Again just my 2 cents lol

#19 ·
The reason some of us chose a R6 for street only, has nothing to do with comfort or low end torque. Quite simply, it's the most visually appealing 600cc bike by far. I didn't buy my Ferrari or Porsche because they're comfortable, I bought them because I get a little chubby in my pants every time I walk to the garage. I agree the R6 belongs on the track, but there's nothing wrong with riding street.

#27 ·
I think the R6 gets plenty of love. Just more so on the track than on the street (since the streets are filled with squids). I've ridden GSX-R's, CBR's, etc and I'll admit most of those bikes are comfier than the R6. But I didn't buy my R6 to be comfy... Yamaha built this machine to be, like stated previously, "a street legal track weapon". That was the selling point for me.

Who cares what other ppl think about our bikes. Chances are those ppl are riding simply to boost ego.

#35 ·
Yeah, but thats more the shape of the tank than its width. My Duc is far narrower and it has a similar feature to the tank shape...

#34 ·
My r6 gets no love cuz I'm constantly beating the shit out of it.

#38 ·
Well it looks lovely.

#43 ·
Ive had both R1s and R6s.. I've also tracked both... I prefer cruising the streets on my R6... it's a comfortable bike (if you are't a little bitch) and who the **** decided that just because it's a race bike it belongs on a track. Half you mothe****ers are the reason I stay off the track now. Can't keep speed, can't hold lines, ****in falling all over yourselves... this thread is a joke.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#44 ·
Ive had both R1s and R6s.. I've also tracked both... I prefer cruising the streets on my R6... it's a comfortable bike (if you are't a little bitch) and who the **** decided that just because it's a race bike it belongs on a track. Half you mothe****ers are the reason I stay off the track now. Can't keep speed, can't hold lines, ****in falling all over yourselves... this thread is a joke.

:laugh...:popcorn:

I'd venture to say half those mfer's could run circles around you...What group was this?

#47 ·
S3aturnR. Yeah I went to the track to improve my skill... but got tired of guys who couldn't keep their mouths shut and couldn't ride to back it up... having guys tail tapping them all through the track. Get's tiring after a while... you ride street all you have is you and your skill. Not a bunch of guys who'll throw their money away not learning shit because their ego is bigger than their brain

#52 ·
S3aturnR. Yeah I went to the track to improve my skill... but got tired of guys who couldn't keep their mouths shut and couldn't ride to back it up... having guys tail tapping them all through the track. Get's tiring after a while... you ride street all you have is you and your skill. Not a bunch of guys who'll throw their money away not learning shit because their ego is bigger than their brain
you were running in the wrong run group if that was happening. or, the track org you were with didn't do their job very well. but, like i said; at least you went...

s3aturnr

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.