Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

How does an 01 R6 limiter work???

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  blue falcon 
#1 ·
I know that with EFi cars and bikes how the fuel cut will limit the motor. But on a carburatted motor how does the limiter work?

I thought they valve bounce?

I hit limiter for the first time the other day racing my mates gsxr750 and was wondering how it works on my carby 01?

sorry if it seems like a pretty dumb question

#2 ·
I would guess that the ignition is cut.

Valve bounce? I think that you are thinking of valve float, and the limiter is there to prevent this.

Valve float is when the valve springs can no longer control the action of the valve, which can result in the piston and the vavles meeting, which = bye bye motor.

#3 ·
HI Guys, im having a problem with my bike, currently, the bike starts well, runs well, but when im goin to rev it in an open highway, i only get 60kph spped and yet started to grumble sound, which we did is to remove the air cleaner and the cover and get a higher speed about 80 kph, then afterwards, starts again to grumble, and need to shift gears, immediately, question guys, is there a limiter in r6 2000? and where is it located? and how to by pass it? what should i do?

#4 ·
It cuts the ignition. Stops making sparks. EFI bikes typically do ignition cuts as well. It's faster to respond than cutting fuel. When you stop injecting fuel you lose the puddle of gas on the intake runner wall. before you can get any fuel into the motor that puddle of fuel needs to puddle up again. If you want to know more about it read on on transient fueling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.