Mr. Clean Autodry okay for bike? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
I do my R6 from the back

Bike: 2006 YZF-R6
Mr. Clean Autodry okay for bike?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else used the Mr. Clean Autodry "system" on their bike? I just did it yesterday and it looks good. I hosed down the whole bike too. The guy at the dealership said he always covers his instrument panel and seat before washing. After I washed it and it dried a bit, I tried to turn on the instrument panel and all was good. Any comments on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I eat my R6

I always put a plastic bag over the seat...I would assume the instrument panel could withstand water because it is so open to the elements.

"You'll find sympathy in the dictionary between shit and syphilis"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr6
Yep, we get the red & white because of the Yamaha Europe racing connection, you guy's get the yellow & black because of the Kenny Roberts connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO ROCKIT
and we get the shaft on the seat cowls due to the Hiroshima\Nagasaki connection.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
I do my R6 from the back

Bike: 2006 YZF-R6
That's what I thought about the instrument panel. Is the seat not water resistant? I didn't cover it this time, but it dried out okay. What about the Mr. Clean? The guy at the dealership was trying to sell me some of the wash solution he had, but I wasn't too thrilled about it. Plus, you would have to dry it afterwards.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Sold 06 - Looking @ 2010

Bike: 06 Yamaha R6 (Raven)-SOLD
Send a message via MSN to 06-r6
The entire bike can get wet, because it is can be out in the rain!
I don't know why you guys are covering your seats. they are water resistant. you dont need to even dry it, but if you want you can just give it one wipe with a chamois and its dry.

2006 Yamaha R6 Raven - - - - - - - - - SOLD
-Akrapovic Slip On Exhaust System
-GPR Steering Damper
-Yamaha Seat Cowl
-Yamaha Passenger Peg Plugs
-Dark Smoke Puig Windscreen
-Hotbodies Front Flushmounts
-Integrated LED Taillights with Signals
-Powdercoated Black Rear Sets/Passenger Pegs/Levers

"I can ride better than anybody who can ride faster, and I can ride faster than anybody who can ride better."
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Something Clever

Bike: '04 Red
I prefer not to put water on my bike period. I will give it a good wash at the beginning and end of the season, but other than that it is mostly windex or a rag with hot soapy water to get the bugs off. I use an electric leaf blower to dry my bike afterwards and it works like a champ. No standing water hiding after that thing goes over it.

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: bumble bee 06
Send a message via AIM to the_gill
I just use meguirs qwik detailer on the entire bike after every ride, stays clean and looks great.

I'm still searching for a good product to keep wheels easily cleanable, I havn't tried armor all on the spokes and rims, maybe ill do that..
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 01:57 PM
I GOT THIS!

Bike: White/Red 09 R6
Send a message via AIM to 69z28lt1 Send a message via MSN to 69z28lt1 Send a message via Yahoo to 69z28lt1
Its kinda like the ones scarred to leave a dog outside, for crist sake, wtf do you think they did for years before houses?

water isnt going to hurt the bike. Truth be told, the sun and wind do more damage to your bike than water does.. yet you ride it in the sun.. :dunno:

Just wash it like normal, but i bought a big 210mph or whatever leaf blower to dry it off.
thats if I get caught in a rain storm or somthing. other than that i use the spray car cleaner stuff and a rag.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 01:58 PM
I GOT THIS!

Bike: White/Red 09 R6
Send a message via AIM to 69z28lt1 Send a message via MSN to 69z28lt1 Send a message via Yahoo to 69z28lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gill
I just use meguirs qwik detailer on the entire bike after every ride, stays clean and looks great.

I'm still searching for a good product to keep wheels easily cleanable, I havn't tried armor all on the spokes and rims, maybe ill do that..
no its greesy, meaning it will attract dirt lol.

just use simple green and a rag or soft brush, takes all of 30 sec a wheel.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 02:12 PM
damnit

Bike: '03 cbr600rr.... for sale
Send a message via AIM to Jota21
+1 on the simple green.... besides you dont want any greasy lubricant that close to your tires

Also, exactly how you washed your bike with the Mr. Clean shit is the best way to do it in my opinion unless you want to spend an entire afternoon washing instead of riding.

For Sale: 2003 cbr600rr... PM for details
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 02:22 PM
I eat my R6

hmmm, Ive never washed my bike and it looks showroom clean with 4700mi. I dont prefer to wash my bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.