Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Injection Molding Fairings quality?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Wild-bill 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I found a bike that I am interested in but it would need the left side fairings replaced and I know it's easier to buy a set of fairings rather then trying to find perfect condition fairings individually in the same color as your bike.

I found the exact fairings that I would need and they're $369 shipped and they're from China (not sure if I would be charged customs or not though). I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have ordered any, if so, how did everything line up & fit, how is the quality, and did you have to pay customs?

#2 ·
Quality varies company by company. Without knowing who you ordered them from, it's like asking how the quality of a car from "XXX" country is?

I have a set from Auctmarts and would rate them 8 out of 10. Take the time to fit them up the first time, and they are good every time I remove and install them.

Other companies reviews can be as good or worse.....depends.

#4 ·
I've had them on for 4 years. Here is a pic at 3 1/2 years:

As far as the 8/10? They are not OEM, but you aren't paying for OEM. Fit is good, but you do need to spend some extra time to make it perfect, the first time. After that, they go on on off without a hitch. I go into more detail in my build thread:

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129729

Use the search tool on the top of the page for "aftermarket fairings", or specifically "Auctmarts" and you will find tons of threads. Also, PM Auctmarts1...they have a discount for forum members.

#7 ·
Tyson.
I done almost the exact same to my 07 r6.
I searched the web for weeks almost months trying to find some sort of direction on what was the best aftermarket fairing.

All fairing these days is Chinese or Asian produced. Obviously price matters but it's all done in a factory somewhere. Unless your buying genuine OEM fairing then you will have to settle with second best.

I eventually settled with 'auctmarts'. They have a eBay and normal website for ordering products.
For the price and quality I was well happy with the outcome of the bike.
You do need to be careful when handling and placing together and at times a little extra force is needed to persuade them to fit. But if you look after it you'll be fine.
I'd remove them prior to handing over to a garage personally.

I would deffinately shop through eBay though. And only on a seller that has a very high rating and of almost 100% feedback.
I ran into some trouble with my side panel and although they where very helpful there where more scared of me leaving negative feed back.
After some arguing I settled on 60USD for the trouble, some paint and a fine file sorted the problem. Having the option of giving negative feedback meant the ball was constantly in my corner. So they where more than helpful.

You do pay for what you get unfortunately and although they aren't exact they are the next best thing.
I would use them again if I was repairing or refurbing another project and they look cool as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.