Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

rattling noise!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  infamous_R6R 
#1 ·
So yesterday I was doing some spirited driving, and when I was nearing home I started to notice a rattling noise. It got me kind of nervous because i've never heard anything abnormal from my bike before.

My bike has 25000 miles, all fluid levels are good.
The bike runs just fine, starts up, revs smoothly, no overheating. There is no noise at idle. I start to notice the rattling at around 4k and it continues after that. It seems to be comming from the front engine area behind the radiator. I'm hoping its nothing serious or just a piece of plastic or somthing vibrating.. What do you guys think it is? It's not a super loud noise but its loud enough to be noticable. It doesnt sound like violent metal banging against each other or somthing, its like a rattling ticking noise.

#3 · (Edited)
The noise is constant. It can't be the fans because the noise happens whether or not the fan is running. I don't think its a rock because its a constant repetetive noise, not like a random rock bouncing around. I think it has to either be comming from the engine, or its somthing vibrating against somthing else making a noise.

It kinda sounds like this... Is this bad news..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXrxCXXIwZw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.