Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Aftermarket Clip-On Clearence

942 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Meevster 
#1 ·
Ok, so my right OEM clip on is slightly bent from my bike tipping over. I am looking into getting the Vortex 7-Degree Clip-Ons as for I will eventually start riding track a bit more. I have an OEM front stay and OEM plastics. If i get these clip-ons would I be hitting anything? like the top of the air duct or anything like that? and would I be able to still lock my steering? Also, While I am asking this question, can any bar ends be used with vortex clip-ons? or would i just have to use their plastic ones?

I have an 09 R6 Raven edition.

#4 ·
With headlights on the bike and an oem stay, you won't have as much adjustability as our race bikes, but they will fit and work no problem. You can probably swap the kill switch and the master cylinder to get some more clearance at the fairing stay. Get in touch with me, I have a set on the shelf of the clip ons with black tubes and would love to make a deal on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.