Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Getting into stunts, any advice?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ridick_bowen 
#1 ·
So I just can't stop wanting to wheelie and do stoppies. I looped my ninja 250 because I hesitated on the rear brake. I try to wheelie my R6 but i just can't! i think it's because im scared now. I'm so hesitant on the throttle when i pop the clutch. I just dont want to loop my r6, i love this bike it's my baby :(. so im looking into buying maybe an older r6 or r6s stuntbike maybe. Anyone have advice they would be willing to give me :eek:? I've been offered by a few people to buy their stunt bike, but they have no papers, or its not registered blah blah. I have no idea where i should be looking haha

#4 ·
This. Either buy a supermoto or a dirtbike to learn on. That way you don't have to give a flying fuck if you drop it. You just pick it up and try again, as long as you didn't get hurt in doing so. Also, you will only have a 250ish pound bike flipping over on you if you seriously screw up instead of a 400ish pound bike.

#3 ·
... get some really good heath insurance..

too soon ?

have fun but stay safe and as legal as possible. but not kidding about health insurance.

#5 ·
Buying a used stunt bike might suit your needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.