Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Coverting to gold calipers on a R6S

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  oldbonez 
#1 ·
Before i attempt to buy anything or paint anything I want your guys input/help on how to do this. I basically want the bolt on the front caliper to be gold. Mine are currently blue due to me having a R6S obviously. so how do i go about this? I heard its a very big pain to get that bolt out so will any other bike calipers fit on mine? I posted a photo on the bottom of exactly what i am talking about. ** NOTE year of my bike is 2008 Yamaha R6S

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The obvious and unhelpful advice is to stop giving a shit about what your brake calipers look like, and just ride the damn bike. :hammer

I have definitely seen posts on here somewhere about pulling those plugs out and powder coating them. So if you really care, it's possible. It seems like that ought to be less of a pain than trying to get some other caliper to fit.

The ebay listing is all well and good, but that's only one caliper. You'd need to find a matching one for the opposite side ... or you're back to powder coating or anodizing, in which case you might as well do both.

But really, stop caring what you're caliper looks like. :laugh

#5 ·
RenR6,

Dont fret, I am on the same boat as you. After I painted my bike, I was stuck with the blue calipers as well:

I am waiting for my buddy to part out his bandit to see if his Tokico 6 piston calipers will fit.
If not, I will be going the same route as you and buy gold versions of the calipers.

#6 ·
I don't see whats so hard (maybe must finding the correct tool for odd shaped plug? I work at a machine shop so I could just get one made) Pull plugs. anodize / powder coat. Reinstall, bleed brakes.

Am I missing something??

Reactions: SEIDO
#8 ·
DONE AND DONE.

Shouldn't take more than an hour or two to be completely done huh? (minus the anodize / coating)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.