16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 03:06 PM
I eat my R6

Garage
Re: 2017 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblD View Post
I agree that ABS will have to be offered in Europe due to Euro4 in 2017.

The bigger question: who will be willing to buy the first model year from Yamaha after the 2015 R1/M recall? The Recall thread on the R1 Forum is over 2000 posts long.
yeah and after all of that yamaha's techs put out a video of them saying it really doesn't need done to them. only a race team had one fail under extreme conditions under a downshift.
however others(not yamaha) claimed to know of more.

I did end up getting mine done. however since it was performed at a dealer and supposedly by a tech with the highest level of training certification by yamaha you can achieve, he still botched up a few things that have me pissed off. if yamaha would of set up places like the one in the video with factory techs doing the work I would of felt much better about the situation. but here in the USA we are stuck with dealerships doing the work. who may have employed some jack wad so called mechanic. there have been several botched jobs reported on the forum. mine wasn't botched but he lacked doing several key things that should of NOT been overlooked. even my rear sprocket was about 40% of it's specified torque setting. so who only knows what in the motor isn't done properly.
damn weather will not cooperate so I can test ride it some more. I hope it grenades because I want it replaced.

skip to 1:40

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my advise for all of you is to definitely wait for 2018.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 04-03-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 06:54 PM
I eat my R6

I'm hoping we finally get a new R6 for 2017. However, until we hear anything i'm going to assume new graphics...

Wish list?

Ditch the inline 4 and go with a 675cc triple.
ABS (UBS maybe?)
Quickshifter (up AND down...likely be introduced on 2017 R1 as well if we get both)
Launch control
I don't personally think a 600 needs TC/lift control/slide control/power modes but if they want to do the whole electronic suite, why not.
Full colour display similar to the R1

Also, little things like a clamped on muffler box to make after market exhausts easier, speed sensor similar to the R1 so no more speedo calibrations required after gearing changes, forks that don't stick up like giant nipples above the triple just begging to get chewed up in a crash

I'd also be all for an R6M. Full electronic Ohlins, CF fairings, GPS transponder...

New looks would be nice but honestly I still think the R6 is one of the best looking sport bikes so I don't care if they leave that the same. Maybe change the headlights to the 12-14 R1 style projectors and LED strip.
Kordyte, Ryan... and DERP like this.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 03:21 AM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

And it begins
modrid81 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Motosylum Racing #132

Bike: R6, ZX6, R1200, 400 XC-W
Another year with BNG technology package.

Bold
New
Graphics.
modrid81 and Choson6 like this.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 11:10 AM
IDGAF

Bike: 2014 R6

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 09:07 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2015 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscrean View Post
Well I hope it doesn't happen for a couple of years, I just bought a 2015. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
I'm with you!
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 11:40 PM
m3lover2

Bike: Trek Fuel 90

See.. every time someone posts a thread about the new r6... we get new graphics and a longer exhaust. Stop making new threads. Just let it happen
Doc-Ram, High Side and modrid81 like this.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: '06 R6 Racebike
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleeex View Post
See.. every time someone posts a thread about the new r6... we get new graphics and a longer exhaust. Stop making new threads. Just let it happen
I'll bet you a Pirelli 180/60 SC1 DOT that it's not just BNG for 2017

'06 R6 Racebike, CCS MW EX #847
'99 Ducati 996
'01 YZ250F

Waiting on 2017 R6...
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 11:36 AM
My R6 eats me.

I bet its a yamaha and it will come in blue
Straight Success likes this.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 07:47 AM
2008 R6: Maya!

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF R6
Lightbulb Re: 2017 r6

Three cylinders! That's the reason I won't be buying it!
Also, I don't think it is going to be a 600 anymore: 700 is the new 600!
And that is assuming they want to push a market not so important right now: I've been riding more than 20 years, and in the last couple of years I've seen a lot of people looking for new alternatives - which I understand - so that's why nakeds and stregth figthers are now so popular and offer so many different options, specially having on count they offer practically the same performance the "sport" ones do.

We will see!

"If there's something stressing you out, go for it!!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.