Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Next mods?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  1SIK R6 
#1 ·
Sup guys, I just bought my bike recently. So I am looking for ideas for my next performance mod.. My bike already has a reflash from bauceracing. I am thinking maybe a m4 mid pipe and a toce slip on? There is no track where I live so it's mostly for daily commuting. I want something with a nice sound and that looks good. Also thinking of getting the K&N air filter? Let me know if you guys have anymore suggestions, thanks!

#3 ·
Ahh I see. I read somewhere that I would lose back pressure and that would result in a loss of power? The reflash is already set-up for a slip on and a mid pipe so I am just trying to figure out which slip on to go with. Are there any cons with running this set-up (toce double down/m4 mid pipe) besides the sound being loud? Thanks for the reply

#4 ·
You may lose a little power down low with the M4 mid pipe which will be more noticeable on a street bike as compared to a track bike.

Also, be aware that you would probably want a new Bauce flash to handle that addition.

Finally, it will be a lot louder...fair warning.

#6 ·
The Leo Vince Italia looks good and sounds great with a Y-pipe.

#8 ·
Agree 100% ^^

#10 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. The bike's ecu is already flashed for a mid-pipe and a slip on, so I wouldn't have to send it in again. If I'll lose bottom end power and it's noticeable, I'd prefer not to. Anyone have any other suggestions for a mid-pipe/slip on setup? I was kind of set on the m4 y pipe but I'm sure I can always change my mind. The Toce is a bit pricey but I do like the look (weird right?), but I am definitely open to suggestions! I will definitely look into getting my suspension set up for my weight, etc.. Hopefully I can find someone where I live to do that for me. I just got my K&N filter as well as some new grips.

#11 ·
Did you get the "Racing" K&N? If so, I wouldn't really worry about replacing it. The OEM is good enough for street use. I just never could justify having the accelerated engine wear. Be sure to change oil more frequently if you did happen to get the race style!:cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.